I just degunkified.....I think?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm talking about Herbal Essence's Degunkify shampoo. Is this a clarifying shampoo? It dosen't specifically say clarifying, it just says deep cleaning. I just want to make sure I got this right since I want to start using a clarifying shampoo (inspired by reading Supergirl's haircare tips) and this is my first time. I've always just used acv but I'm not sure if that was doing the job to it's full potential. Don't get me wrong though, I love my acv rinses, I've just been reading that it does not remove mineral oil, petrolatum or cones.....is that right? Thank ya kindly:D .

Pokahontas said:
I'm talking about Herbal Essence's Degunkify shampoo. Is this a clarifying shampoo? It dosen't specifically say clarifying, it just says deep cleaning. I just want to make sure I got this right since I want to start using a clarifying shampoo (inspired by reading Supergirl's haircare tips) and this is my first time. I've always just used acv but I'm not sure if that was doing the job to it's full potential. Don't get me wrong though, I love my acv rinses, I've just been reading that it does not remove mineral oil, petrolatum or cones.....is that right? Thank ya kindly:D .

I'm curious to know this as well. I did an ACV rinse this weekend and it felt pretty good, it made my scalp feel really clean and less itchy and irritated

RainbowCurls

I'm fairly sure ACV doesn't remove cones. Not sure about petrolatum or mineral oil though.

I don't know if the Herbal Essence's Degunkify shampoo is claryifying either. But herbal essences stuff is usually loaded with silicones, and if this is too, it won't be clarifying.

PerfectDoak said:
I'm fairly sure ACV doesn't remove cones. Not sure about petrolatum or mineral oil though.

I don't know if the Herbal Essence's Degunkify shampoo is claryifying either. But herbal essences stuff is usually loaded with silicones, and if this is too, it won't be clarifying.

OT: girl your hair is so cute;)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
PerfectDoak said:

Thanks a bunch. Gee, I hope it's clarifying. I thought I was really doing something today:ohwell: .

RainbowCurls

Pokahontas said:
Thanks a bunch. Gee, I hope it's clarifying. I thought I was really doing something today:ohwell: .

I think it should be ok. I mean, they can't call a shampoo 'degunkify' if it's not clarifying... can they? If they did it'd be very misleading.
Here's a link with a list of silicones, if you check that the ingredients don't contain any of those it should be ok :)

crlsweetie912 said:
VERY BEAUTIFUL Hair! What are you changing about it?

Just the colour. Today I just picked up a dye called 'peacock blue'...