I Just Had A MAJOR Setback Arrrrrrrrrh!

SignatureBeauty

Okay as most know I am 7 months Natural, I started with a Shaved head and my hair grew Nicely for 6 months, Well I had found that S-Curl worked wonders for my hair and now it does nothing, It left my hair semi dry and didn't feel soft even after the next day, Then today I just got so MAD:wallbash: and angry because I was so tired of Looking at this Twa, I was tired of the Headbands and the Wigs and the Cornorws, I just felt like I wasn't getting anywhere, then my hair was Uneven and to be honest Today was just not a good hair day at all, so I told my Husband to make my Hair even all the way around, I told him to take off 2 inches and that is what he did, I had like 3 and a Half inches of hair.

I know a Relaxer or Texturizer is not gonna solve my problem, I can't afford to get braids put in, then I am stressed because of my Kids, My daughters spinal issues and then on top of that I take care of my Elderly Father Inlaw, I felt like I blew a Fuse. But I need to find a product that will work with my hair, I have tried every product I could think of and they just stop working after a while, I am tired of spending money on hair products just to find that perfect moisturizer, So I am gonna try One more Haircare Line in a few days and this will be my last time trying. Shea butter do not work for my hair at all. But I have Taken a Breather and I do not regret my 2 inch chop, I actually feel better that it is all even and it will grow out, But this is usually around the time I get mad because my styling options are limited,I have done Twist and they Look crazy, The style has to fit me, But I know Once I am able to get that Puff or be able to pull my hair back I will be home Free, But getting through this Twa stage is starting to kill me. But I am gonna flow with it because being Natural is what I want!

Thanks Ladies For Listening! I also see alot of us Naturals getting Frustrated but we can get through this:yep:

ShiShiPooPoo

Okay as most know I am 7 months Natural, I started with a Shaved head and my hair grew Nicely for 6 months, Well I had found that S-Curl worked wonders for my hair and now it does nothing, It left my hair semi dry and didn't feel soft even after the next day, Then today I just got so MAD:wallbash: and angry because I was so tired of Looking at this Twa, I was tired of the Headbands and the Wigs and the Cornorws, I just felt like I wasn't getting anywhere, then my hair was Uneven and to be honest Today was just not a good hair day at all, so I told my Husband to make my Hair even all the way around, I told him to take off 2 inches and that is what he did, I had like 3 and a Half inches of hair.

I know a Relaxer or Texturizer is not gonna solve my problem, I can't afford to get braids put in, then I am stressed because of my Kids, My daughters spinal issues and then on top of that I take care of my Elderly Father Inlaw, I felt like I blew a Fuse. But I need to find a product that will work with my hair, I have tried every product I could think of and they just stop working after a while, I am tired of spending money on hair products just to find that perfect moisturizer, So I am gonna try One more Haircare Line in a few days and this will be my last time trying. Shea butter do not work for my hair at all. But I have Taken a Breather and I do not regret my 2 inch chop, I actually feel better that it is all even and it will grow out, But this is usually around the time I get mad because my styling options are limited,I have done Twist and they Look crazy, The style has to fit me, But I know Once I am able to get that Puff or be able to pull my hair back I will be home Free, But getting through this Twa stage is starting to kill me. But I am gonna flow with it because being Natural is what I want!

Thanks Ladies For Listening! I also see alot of us Naturals getting Frustrated but we can get through this:yep:

That's right girl. I admire you for being so selfless. Keep your head up.

SignatureBeauty

Thank You shishipoopoo! It was just that my hair didn't look right with nothing I put on, I went out and bought new earrings,headbands,a wig,you name it, But it isn't my Natural Texture it's just looking at a Twa for so long, But I always have encouragement when I see other Naturals

curlyj

Dont give up!

"I am available to more good than I've ever experienced, realized or imagined before in life" -micheal beckwith

i say this ever morning and it really lifts me up- about my hair or whatever seems to be too much to deal with that particuliar day.

but i know how you feel- i rcvd the worst cut from curves and cried for days...i was taken to almost APL to above SL(straight)so as a natural youknow where that went once curly - i was crushed to say the least. but i left alone. and my hair has thanked me. place your focus on something else for the time being. growth requires time(and i do mean that in every which way you can make sense of it)

hope this helps!

baby42

hi i am sorry to hear that on top of everthing that your hair is acting up.:sad: but i started with a t.w,a too i use bt and s curl and care free gold. my hair is but growing its a little over the nose in the front and down my neck in the back. and one side is to the cheek.the other side rolling to the cheeks:nono:.all i do now is braid in small braids and then in biger braids and moisturizer and bag it looks like i have twist in my hair or like curlytwist. at frist i didnt like it but what could i do i keep earring on and eyes made up.and stop thinking a bout it.by the way with it being curly you cant tell its not even:yep:now its working for me.if you cant use bt try useing LR and bagging. sorry so long but i do know what it like :sad:oh did i tell you i lost my edges to getting it braid to tight?and iam fighting to get them back:wallbash:i am hideing them under the curlys.the wind blows i will be:busted::yep:

SignatureBeauty

Curly J! That is some encouraging words! and you are so right, I need to put my focus else where, I have been so focused on my hair that I let my health get away from me, so As of Aug 1st I began to focus on my workout and eating & sleeping habits, But I think this came from me being stress and not talking about it and then just take it out on my hair, I have told myself Today that my hair is Important but not to where I began to lose focus on everything else. So it really helps to come here and talk to you all because that makes me feel better and keep going!

SignatureBeauty

hi i am sorry to hear that on top of everthing that your hair is acting up.:sad: but i started with a t.w,a too i use bt and s curl and care free gold. my hair is but growing its a little over the nose in the front and down my neck in the back. and one side is to the cheek.the other side rolling to the cheeks:nono:.all i do now is braid in small braids and then in biger braids and moisturizer and bag it looks like i have twist in my hair or like curlytwist. at frist i didnt like it but what could i do i keep earring on and eyes made up.and stop thinking a bout it.by the way with it being curly you cant tell its not even:yep:now its working for me.if you cant use bt try useing LR and bagging. sorry so long but i do know what it like :sad:oh did i tell you i lost my edges to getting it braid to tight?and iam fighting to get them back:wallbash:i am hideing them under the curlys.the wind blows i will be:busted::yep:
Thanks Baby, Yes I do have BT, I just bought the Unscented because the scented one just made me feel nauseous, But so far so good, Thank you for understanding!

aww, you know it'll get better. I've been feeling that way lately. All the leave-ins I use make my hair hard, so I've just stop using them. It's getting to that awkward phase now and I haven't even BC'ed yet! We're gonna get through this, and in some odd years, we'll all be laughing about this and enjoying our natural, thick, healthy hair!

SignatureBeauty

aww, you know it'll get better. I've been feeling that way lately. All the leave-ins I use make my hair hard, so I've just stop using them. It's getting to that awkward phase now and I haven't even BC'ed yet! We're gonna get through this, and in some odd years, we'll all be laughing about this and enjoying our natural, thick, healthy hair!

LOL!! That is so true! Because I went Natural because I wanted to know my Natural Texture, I want to see my natural hair grow leaps and bounds, it was time for a change, I didn't go natural because of a Phase, I done it because it is what I want, I have been wanting my Natural hair. But you are right we will get through all of this:grin:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm sorry you're going through this. Don't see it as a set back, see it as a new beginning (I bet you're thinking "easier said than done" :grin:). But I truly believe everything will work out for the good for you and your natural hair. I have a few suggestions...

Forget about the products…
Forget about the length of your hair…
Forget about your hair and leave your hair alone (something I need to learn)…
And Chicoro once told me this bit of advice: "I personally think you need to give yourself and your hair a break. Put your focus somewhere else.…savor some of your 'todays'."

Hope that helps!!!

Blackoutzangel05

Relax :bath:, relate:phone:, release:hammer:...now don't you feel better. I can completely understand where you are coming from. That is why I started a blog about this journey because there are some changes that go on with this journey that make it hard and its not for everyone. Today I was looking at myself in the mirror and wanted to cry, because no style that I do on my hair looks good to me, it might look good to others but not me. So I had to take the negativeness out of my mind and replace it with good thoughts. Find hair products that work for your hair is going to be frustrating but it can be fun as well. I don't know about you but s-curl does nothing for me, I can not use water like moisturizers...I have to use cream based. Sure mango butter by Elasta is expensive and before when I was using way too much, it was killing me to buy it every 2 weeks but now I have had mine for over a month and although I have replacement, I still have a good 2 weeks with the container that I have. The trial and error part is going to be hard but like you said, you know that you want to be natural, take it from another twa rocker:afro:, its not easy but the end result is well worth it....so do a couple of woooooooshaaaaaaaa's :meditate::meditate: and you will be just fine....

Treasure2k6

:rosebud::rosebud::rosebud::rosebud::rosebud::rosebud::rosebud::rosebud::rosebud::rosebud::rosebud::rosebud:Hope these make you feel better. It is rough at times but always remember "This too Shall Pass"

No one understands our hair growing pains in addition to the other things we deal with in life. I pray for patience everyday when it comes to this hair ordeal. The pressures of wanting to feel content about my appearance while going through stretches and conversions get difficult at times. Lets not mention the constant battle of finding the right products and an opinionated family.

I'm learning that this journey can be a Battle Field and we "Will Win This War"! We are all here for you sis, keep your head up and your eyes focused on your goal.:blowkiss:

Last edited:

hopeful

:kiss::blowkiss::hug2:

NappyParadise I'm so sorry you are having a tough go of it. I agree with poohbear, you just gonna have to leave it alone. And truthfully I think it has something to do with that 7 months. When people are transitioning they hit 7 months and their hair won't act right. Once I hit 7 months I wanted to cut it all off, I was so sick and tired of my hair. Even at one year I was like it's aight, but by 14 months I finally had enough hair, I was finally over the hump, I am so glad I didn't give in or give up.

Remember so many naturals say the journey is about so much more than hair. You have to be patient with your hair and yourself and you have to be sweet and kind to yourself and your hair. It's all a learning process. And don't waste your time looking for the perfect moisturizer. If you keep it conditioned, a little moist, and leave it alone, it will be okay. Hang in there, and the next time you want to scream and cut it off, PM ME and I'll try to talk you down.

SignatureBeauty

Ya'll just don't know how good I feel right now, I have decided to just leave it alone and let it do what it do, It is like I have been so focused on my hair, I mean watching it like a Hawk, wanting to buy this and that etc. I will stop looking for that Perfect Moisturizer and just keep it cleansed and conditioned, It is something about that 7th month LOL!!! But even though I chopped 2 inches off and have like 1 inch and a half I feel rejuvenated, You all are right and I Thank You all for the Support, I was just so caught up in having that Perfect Moisturize. I am not really a Wig Person, or a braid person LOL!! I like my hair to be free, But It was hard because I became so stressed and every little thing made me mad, But you all made me realize I need to focus elsewhere and not on my hair.

I am so Happy to have women that Understand and can put me back on Track. Thank You all so much for the Love & Support that you give to all of us Naturals who go through difficult times with our hair, and you all keep us grounded with your Patience & Love. Yes this is a Tough Journey because I am Learning My Natural Hair but I know there is a Light at the End of the Tunnel! Ladies you don't know how much I appreciate all of you, because words cannot express enough! I have Taken all of your Advice and will focus my attention else where, Like on my Weight Loss so as my Jeans get smaller, My hair will get Bigger LOL!!!!, The only Products I will buy is Conditioner and A Leave In, But I did order a Line of Products from Jessicurl so I am sure my daughter will benefit from them and maybe in the future I will too LOL!!!

scarcity21

hey ma...Hang in there....uve got a lot of lovely advice from all these beautiful women....i know exactly how u feel and i know it is easier said than done but focusing on something else besides hair helps a lot....like u ...i was looking for the perfect moisturiser...when i 1st BCed....scurl worked for me...now it dont....if u remember...i was on a quest trying to find the perfect mooisturizer...2 days ago...i installed a weave (my 2nd weave ever...so u know i feel out of place...will probably last only 2 weeks and i know itll be hard) but i did...just to take my mind of my hur....give it time...i started focusing more on my weight loss...it will grow and one day u gonna stretch it and be like...WOw! my hur is growing...:hugxplode:

Incredible1ne

Thank you for saying this. That is exactly what I needed to hear.

SignatureBeauty

Thank You Scarcity! I'll be chatting with you later!

Incredible1ne You are Welcome, I have been there and done that too many times and I refuse to go back to something I know will not work out for me. But I have been Natural almost 2 years but I keep chopping when it comes to that 7th Month because of Frustrationt is just something about that 7th month LOL!!! But I will get through the next 7 months LOL!!!! I have to get over that 7Month Hump!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I want to let you know that you inspired me. I hope and pray that your stress level goes down. You're just going thru one of those days.:grouphug: You'll be back to your goal before you know it.:yep:

SignatureBeauty

I want to let you know that you inspired me. I hope and pray that your stress level goes down. You're just going thru one of those days.:grouphug: You'll be back to your goal before you know it.:yep:

Awwwww! Thank You DDTexlaxed, I know I will get there, I know we all will get there because it is not just me it is alot of us, But I feel alot better!

mscocoface

Hold on lady, you can make it.

Sometimes this journey has some serious twists and turns but they are just part of the journey not the destination.

Venting is good for the soul. In the case probably the hair too!

You have some other things going on also which I am sure are a major contributor.

Sounds like you need a good loooooooong bubble bath, candles, relaxing music and some peace and quiet for about 4 hours.

See if hubby can help you out with that. It is called a mental health break!

If Momma ain't happy then NO one is happy!

SignatureBeauty

OOOOOh! Mscocoface that sounds so good and relaxing, I really need that, I mean I have just been doing so much and it can take a toll on you, But you are so right!