I just read that the heat cap...

lana

Isn't really "Deep Conditioning"...on Cathy Howse's website it said that I need to use a Dome Dryer to get the full benefits of deep conditioning.

I don't own a dome dryer and now I'm panicking because I thought I was "Deep Conditioning" once a week! Now I've learned that the heat cap doesn't count. Is this true?

I thought hot was hot. I didn't know you needed a dome dryer in order to get results.

Help!

localhost

Of course it's not true! You don't need a dome dryer to deep condition, so don't feel like you need to run out and buy a dome dryer.

SmartyPants

I've done both. I have a dome dryer because I rollerset my hair so I need it for that. I found that the heating cap did not get the product/scalp as warm as the dryer and a plastic cap did. So, I just went back to using my dryer. Whether or not lower heat = less conditioning I can't answer that because I don't know enough to answer that.

silverlotus

Of course it's not true! You don't need a dome dryer to deep condition, so don't feel like you need to run out and buy a dome dryer.

Exactly, it's probably some stupid marketing ploy. I d/c with a heat cap all the time and my hair is doing just fine.

4mia

i dont agree i have the gold n hot spaceship looking bonnet and in my opinion that thing gets too hot

**WonderWoman**

I dont know about the heat cap not working. But you can try Macherieamour's way ---- Hair in wet turban (that's been soaked in hot water) and plastic cap over that. :lick: I loooove doing that to my hair.

Princess Pie

I have a lot of respect for Cathy Howse, but that is crazy. I use a heat cap all of the time, and it definitely works for deep conditioning.

Cathy is great, but she's the same lady who used to act like she'd never heard of very common shampoos and conditioners. :rolleyes:

Bint Yusef

i dont agree i have the gold n hot spaceship looking bonnet and in my opinion that thing gets too hot
I have the Ion one. I cant even put it on the hottest setting because I cant stand it, and I think the thing is something like 600W which is way less than most dome dryers. Its no way its not getting hot enough. I am definitely getting results from DCs using that thing.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
According to the directions on some conditioners you don't need heat at all to qualify as deep conditioning.

lana

Okay thanks guys for responding. I went to Sally's yesterday and they did have a nice dome dryer (in pink) for 44.99 and I was tempted to buy the thing. They also had a rollabout Dome Dryer for 99.99 and I was like hey why not (even though I live in an apartment and have no room for it) :lachen:

Anyways I was on the phone with my fiance and he was like "those hair women are going to have to prove this to me scientifically" I told him it was Cathy Howse, not my trusted hair board that said this. He was like "See, don't listen to anyone else about hair, but thos hair ladies."

I should have known! I'm sticking to my heat cap with a plastic cap underneath.

I don't do rollersets yet on my texlaxed hair, but that's an option for the future. Maybe I'll start a post on that.

Looking forward to any further replies.

BklynHeart

My old hair stylist always put her customers in a heating cap for deep conditioning. I liked it because my hair always felt moisturized afterwards. Cathy Howse needs to go sit somewhere.:ohwell:

mzhotniz86

to me the heating cap conditions better. i used to have to use one when i was younger. i cant find one now so i use my hood dryer. the heating cap is better. wth would cathy know anyway? lol. everybody hair is different.

localhost

Okay thanks guys for responding. I went to Sally's yesterday and they did have a nice dome dryer (in pink) for 44.99 and I was tempted to buy the thing. They also had a rollabout Dome Dryer for 99.99 and I was like hey why not (even though I live in an apartment and have no room for it) :lachen:

Anyways I was on the phone with my fiance and he was like "those hair women are going to have to prove this to me scientifically" I told him it was Cathy Howse, not my trusted hair board that said this. He was like "See, don't listen to anyone else about hair, but thos hair ladies."

I should have known! I'm sticking to my heat cap with a plastic cap underneath.

I don't do rollersets yet on my texlaxed hair, but that's an option for the future. Maybe I'll start a post on that.

Looking forward to any further replies.

LOL! Somebody knows!

LABETT

I love my Mastex heating cap and this sucker gets really hot.
I get excellent results,it heat you entire head just like a dryer.
The Gold & Hot heating cap sucks to me,just warms the front of heat.:down:
Cathy needs to invest in a Mastex :grin:

nappity

Maybe Cathy is going to come out with a Grow Your Afro Hair Long Bonnet Dryer.:lachen:

I use both- both work equally well as long as I make sure the ends get heat too

meaganita

I have the Ion one. I cant even put it on the hottest setting because I cant stand it, and I think the thing is something like 600W which is way less than most dome dryers. Its no way its not getting hot enough. I am definitely getting results from DCs using that thing.
That's the same one I have...the gray one and that thang gets SUPER hot.:grin: I let one of my girlfriends use it once, but I forgot to put the towel on the back of her neck to protect it from the heat:look:....She started screaming at the top of her lungs and couldn't figure out how to pull the dryer off her head! I had to run to the bathroom to get her a towel. I was dying laughin. :lachen:

I'm crackin' up right now just thinking about it.:giggle: