I knew my hair had grown when.........

spellinto

I knew my hair was growing but I think it was really confirmed that I had reached unexpected lengths when women of other races began to comment on how long my hair is. Most black women I know considered APL and even SL to be really long (not trying to insult anyone at that length bc, to a lot of us just starting out/those without the knowledge, it is an achievement!) But when I reached BSL and beyond that's when *every* woman started to get curious as to where all the length was coming from. Now I have hair longer than a lot of non-black women I know!

Carmelella

Realized it was growing when I could put my hair up into a really messy high pony/bun and it looked chic ( or at least cool) instead of ratchet and pitiful.

toyas08

When I was out that in between stage and could put it in a ponytail.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

SunRai Naturals

I knew my hair had grown when.........
-I could clutch and hold it under my arm
-My puffed up/full of new growth/time to do over cornrows were still comfortably sitting on my back :grin:
-People started asking "That's all yours?" when my hair was still in cornrows
-I wear my hair out and everybody describes it as long

Lastly, I've noticed that my hair advice holds more weight than it used to with certain people. These certain people were the type holding onto all of the old hair myths (and not seeing any results). They actually listen now instead of debating me. I also notice that people are starting to copy my hair routine down to the specific types of protective styles I wear. lol!