Henna Results

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I wasnt going to post these because I couldnt get a decent side or back shot, but since I took them here they are. the front view at least. My hair is a little darker, I cant really tell if the curl pattern is looser or not. The front is always wavy from being pulled back into a pony tail almost every day. They are also sorta dark...sorry...

Last edited:

PaperClip

Cheleigh said:
Your hair looks so healthy. I love it. Henna made my hair go lighter rather than darker.

Slighly OT: Cheleigh, your latest signature photo: WOW! Your hair is really growing! It's lookin' good!

Enchantmt

Thanks ladies!!! :)

wicky2828 said:
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!! What products do you use to achieve that look???

Right now I have giovanni direct and qhemet honey balm in it. I switch products around tho, some times I use oyin shine n define. Most mornings I've been using giovanni direct and fantasia gel. They dont always want to mix together though, if I'm not careful I will get a white film. Myhoneychild buttery soy cream will give the same effect, but I'm out of it right now. Normally if you have a product that adds moisture and you seal it with something that adds hold, it will dry however it looks when its wet.

Cheleigh

RelaxerRehab said:
Slighly OT: Cheleigh, your latest signature photo: WOW! Your hair is really growing! It's lookin' good!

Thanks RelaxerRehab! It's a twistout from two week old twists, so it's at about 70% of it's full length instead of 50% :)

Enchantment: I might try the Soy Butter Creme when I go back for the honey hair mask. Any other MHC products I should try?

asha

I can't see the pics..it just says attached thumbnails in a rectangle but no picture comes up. Help!

Isis

Enchantmt said:
I wasnt going to post these because I couldnt get a decent side or back shot, but since I took them here they are. the front view at least. My hair is a little darker, I cant really tell if the curl pattern is looser or not. The front is always wavy from being pulled back into a pony tail almost every day. They are also sorta dark...sorry...

Wow, you and your hair are beautiful! I love your curls! :love:

You mentioned your hair is now darker, did you add anything to your henna to make it darker or did it just happen?

Enchantmt

Thanks again ladies!! My hair does have a curl pattern, but camera flash helps a lot. It's more bushy-curly than anything, and you cant really see the crown but thats a lot coarser than the rest and frizzes mostly.

Isis said:
You mentioned your hair is now darker, did you add anything to your henna to make it darker or did it just happen?

I used a henna kit by light mountain in black. Ingredients: Black Henna (Indigoferae folium and Lawsonia inermis). It's supposed to be all natural, but I figure since I dont have a relaxer if it has compound henna in it it wont hurt anyway. It's 4oz (113GM) for 5.95 at the local health food store. I used about half of it and added some alma and fruit pectin. I mixed it with hot coffee instead of hot water.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Enchantmt, your hair is so pretty!!! I love your curls. :yep:
(This is the first time I ever saw your hair.)

Isis

Enchantmt said:
Thanks again ladies!! My hair does have a curl pattern, but camera flash helps a lot. It's more bushy-curly than anything, and you cant really see the crown but thats a lot coarser than the rest and frizzes mostly.

I used a henna kit by light mountain in black. Ingredients: Black Henna (Indigoferae folium and Lawsonia inermis). It's supposed to be all natural, but I figure since I dont have a relaxer if it has compound henna in it it wont hurt anyway. It's 4oz (113GM) for 5.95 at the local health food store. I used about half of it and added some alma and fruit pectin. I mixed it with hot coffee instead of hot water.
Thanks for the info. It sure worked for your hair and at a good price too! :up: