I know why stylist always cut too much

GettingKinky

I showed my stylist how much I wanted her to cut. She looked and said "Ok, half an inch" I said that's more like an inch. So she says "let me go get my measuring comb." So she measures and says, Yeah that's an inch. Then as she's cutting my hair I commented that I still have lots of bonelaxed hair left to cut off and she says " yep. About 3-4 inches". Ladies I measure my bonelaxed ends all the time and I have 6-7 inches left! I think stylists just have no concept of how long an inch is. Moral of the story, never just say trim an inch off. You will lose at least 2 maybe more.

I must admit that when I measure my hair I'm always surprised at how short an inch seems, but that's 10 weeks of growth for me. I can't just give them up willy nilly.

JaneBond007

Nah, that's not it. You can't see the back of your head and the overall picture from their angle, including health, unlevel areas etc. They cut to make the overall style appealing and healthy-looking. Sometimes, stylists have to come in on an old cut from someone else. Maybe they did the cut wrong? Maybe this stylist is having to find out how they began it?

You hair looks very healthy and beautiful. Don't sweat it. Just don't go so often.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Also, for the ones that may know what an inch is, they'll cut that inch, then come back and cut ANOTHER inch at the same spot, then do it AGAIN. I've watched them and they may get it right the first snip, and the second, and so on, but all those snips add up.

Sorry, that was kind of a rant.

Lilmama1011

Also, for the ones that may know what an inch is, they'll cut that inch, then come back and cut ANOTHER inch at the same spot, then do it AGAIN. I've watched them and they may get it right the first snip, and the second, and so on, but all those snips add up.

Sorry, that was kind of a rant.

yeah i have seen many keep going around and around

yora88

Some stylists just don't like dealing with long hair. The stylist that I had gone to for years kept me at a shoulder length bob. The lady that I go to now, has long hair herself, and trims only what is necessary.

GettingKinky

Nah, that's not it. You can't see the back of your head and the overall picture from their angle, including health, unlevel areas etc. They cut to make the overall style appealing and healthy-looking. Sometimes, stylists have to come in on an old cut from someone else. Maybe they did the cut wrong? Maybe this stylist is having to find out how they began it?

You hair looks very healthy and beautiful. Don't sweat it. Just don't go so often.

She didn't cut too much of my hair I watched her like a hawk. I just found it odd that she thinks an inch is only half an inch and that 6-7 inches is only 3-4.

She wasn't cutting my hair into a style, just removing bonelaxed ends.