Now I know why my hair seems noticably shorter!

melodee

About two weeks ago I got a touch up and trim. My stylist insisted that she was only cutting off a very small amount and from the looks of some of the clippings, it was a small amount like 1/4 of an inch. But I just measured my hair at my longest point and I'm actually between 1/2 to 3/4 inch shorter. As I examined more closely I could see that my ends were evenly cut across, and that the V had been cut out. So the 1/4 inch clippings could have been from the sides and I missed the 3/4 inch clippings that fell behind the chair. I know alot of you like squarely cut ends, but I liked my V. Do stylists normally cut it out?

asha

Some stylists think that when you ask for a trim, you mean you want the ends evened out. Inorder to even things out you have to cut out the V. If you want to continue to use that stylist you might want to specifically tell her that you don't want the V cut out and that a trim means a little bit off the ends no matter how long each different section is.

melodee

Is there anyone here that has this problem? Do you have to specifically ask them not to trim off the V?

Nessa

There was a thread on this, but I don't remember it, it was talking about how their hair grew to this shape, like a U or a V and some salonists, cut it and it grew back like that same U or V shape.