I Love CHI Silk Infusion but ....

It also prevents moisture from getting into my hair. I beleive Isis or SistaSlik may have commented on this as well.

I really noticed this after flat ironing my hair one day that I loaded with CHI Silk for protection and then attempted to set my hair with Caruso Rollers & my Steam cap on several occasions later.

My hair would not take any of the steam sets. I could not understand why, after the 4th set, it dawned on me that I had loaded my hair with the CHI and it sealed the cuticle preventing the steam to penetrate the shaft and set the hair.

So I am a bit perplexed on this one. Nasvegda said that we are not to apply any oils when flat ironing the hair because it can boil the hair. So I flat ironed the hair with only the CHI thinking I can moisturize later.

But if the CHI Silk prevents moisture from entering the shaft, my hair is left to "dry".

Any suggestions ladies?

SerenityBreeze said:
It also prevents moisture from getting into my hair. I beleive Isis or SistaSlik may have commented on this as well.

I really noticed this after flat ironing my hair one day that I loaded with CHI Silk for protection and then attempted to set my hair with Caruso Rollers & my Steam cap on several occasions later.

My hair would not take any of the steam sets. I could not understand why, after the 4th set, it dawned on me that I had loaded my hair with the CHI and it sealed the cuticle preventing the steam to penetrate the shaft and set the hair.

So I am a bit perplexed on this one. Nasvegda said that we are not to apply any oils when flat ironing the hair because it can boil the hair. So I flat ironed the hair with only the CHI thinking I can moisturize later.

But if the CHI Silk prevents moisture from entering the shaft, my hair is left to "dry".

Any suggestions ladies?

Interesting...I thought the Chi Silk left my hair dry. Maybe that's why. I'd already decided to only use it on relaxer days from here on out.

I noticed the same thing, but what I do now is... after a fresh wash I use my leave ins and moisturizers and then i apply the infusion. I let this air dry, then the next day I add just a little more before i flat iron and it seems to fix the problem. Navs says that a heat protector such as this will wear off after a few days.

loreal99 said:
I noticed the same thing, but what I do now is... after a fresh wash I use my leave ins and moisturizers and then i apply the infusion. I let this air dry, then the next day I add just a little more before i flat iron and it seems to fix the problem. Navs says that a heat protector such as this will wear off after a few days.

This is what I do exactly. I normally don't apply anymore before flatironing, but that's the only difference. I hair has never been dry doing it this way.

If you are using a good moisturizing conditioner before using the CHI Silk Infusion, your hair will stay soft for daaays. However, when I use the Silk Infusion, I always use a flat iron so I believe that makes a big difference. The silk proteins in the Silk Infusion are so small that they enter the hair shaft and I believe the heat from the flat iron helps this to happen.

I apply the CHI to my hair while it is wet as well, then apply a smaller amount after it's dry. I get totally different results with this method, but I still always use a clarifying shampoo after I use this product for my next wash.

loreal99 said:

Ditto this!

I have gotten great results.

By the time CSI 'wears off', it's time for me to poo again.

& I always clarify as well.

SerenityBreeze said:

Any suggestions ladies?

I noticed this as well, Like Alexstin said I only use it as a barrier when I relax. I never flat iron so I really don't need a heat protectant anyway so for a serum I only use Aveda & so far my hair has no signs of dryness. It allows mositure to get through.

Yes I noticed this when I used it for the first time...right before my caruso rollers....needless to say it wasn't cute.

I have a question tho...if chi prevents moisture from getting in is it also useful to protect against humidity?

Great question

Over here in THE HUMIDITY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD-

Yes, it does help. My hair doesn't get poofy when I use CSI.

Doesn't protect the STYLE, but prevents the poofy.

Back