I love her curl definition and the thickness of her hair

hothair

Her hair is gorgeous!

So this wouldn't work if you have no natural defined curl pattern?

kandiekj100

maybe you could do finger coils or small to medium size braids if your hair's natural curl pattern isn't like the lady's in the video.

MissMusic

Her hair is gorgeous!

So this wouldn't work if you have no natural defined curl pattern?

You wouldn't get the exact same look with a wash and go unless u had her curl pattern, but as suggested above, a finger coil set or a small flexi-rod set may work to give the same look.

Allandra

Thanks for posting this video (think this method may work for me).

Now that we're having 80 degree temperatures in March, :yay: I may start working on my wash n go sooner. I may have to do like some of the ladies here and sit under my Pibbs for a bit though (otherwise, it may take a while for my hair to air dry).

BillsBackerz67

Tresemme Naturals does wonders for curl def. Its my only thing I have in my hair in my siggy. But of course my hair is naturally curly, like others suggested you can do comb coils etc to get the desired look :yep:. I actually prefer the Vibrantly Smooth with the coconut and jojoba oil to the Nourishing Moisture with the avocado and aloe

PersuasiveBeauty

Lmao...I love this girl. She's so beautiful and her hair is gorgeous... But every time I watch her videos, my brother comes by like..."Watchu watchin Tempest fo?" It gets me evvvery time. Bahahaha. They look so much alike.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm gonna have to try this Tresseme Naturals. I love the way if foamed and frothed up in her finger combing video....that to me means tons of slip. I remember her mentioning in a previous video that it does make the hair crunchy but it's easy to scrunch out.

My Friend

Thanks for posting this video (think this method may work for me).

Now that we're having 80 degree temperatures in March, :yay: I may start working on my wash n go sooner. I may have to do like some of the ladies here and sit under my Pibbs for a bit though (otherwise, it may take a while for my hair to air dry).

Allandra

Please post pics when you decide to do it. I bet it's going to be beautiful.

snillohsss

This is how I do my wash and go's (minus the finger coils in front). I use Just For Me Hair Milk conditioner instead. My hair isn't crunchy like it is when use other conditioners.

Anakinsmomma

BillsBackerz67 said:
Tresemme Naturals does wonders for curl def. Its my only thing I have in my hair in my siggy. But of course my hair is naturally curly, like others suggested you can do comb coils etc to get the desired look :yep:. I actually prefer the Vibrantly Smooth with the coconut and jojoba oil to the Nourishing Moisture with the avocado and aloe

Great, now I have to try a new condish. Pusha! J/k

I'll try in once my trader joes runs out. I really want to do the curly girl method but can't find a good condish.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I remember her BC like it was yesterday!
Her hair looks wonderful!!!

RainyDaze

I thought about buying the Tresemme Naturals condish for my wngs, but when I found out it contains isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), I changed my mind.

thecurlycamshow

I recently purchased the Vibrantly Smooth and I like how my hair feels with it too. MahoganyCurls have such beautiful hair; Theblackrawfoodist use the CG method too and was my inspiration to try it and I'm loving it.

chebaby

i have to agree with you but i want to add that i think its conditioner period. my hair is curly but the front is a loose wave and with heavy product doesnt curl at all. after watching mahoganycurls video a few weeks ago i left in a ton of deva care one conditioner which is heavy and every single strand was curled like ive never seen before.
only thing is my hair takes forever to dry so i havent done that in a long time.

i have some tresemme conditioner i should try it as a leave in tonight and see what i get.

Judwill07

I love her hair. I want to try the curly girl method sometime this Summer. My curls are not all the same as hers are, but I wont be able to fully judge till I totally cut off the permed ends. I have been transitioning for 18 months now. I cut a small section and used the same conditioner . I have 9 inches of natural hair. Still a little scared to go ahead and chop off all. We shall see when it gets hot.

image-3508758275.jpg

image-2225442301.jpg

Last edited:

BillsBackerz67

lovealways greenandchic No it does not leave my hair crunchy. The more water I leave in my hair prior to adding the Tresseme, the softer and more defined my curls dry. Mahoganycurls uses more conditioner than needed (IMO) and thats why her hair dries crunchy but thats her method and it works for her :yep:

As far as oil I never use it and it does absolutely nothing for my hair. The one time I did try to seal with oil my hair dried very dull.

BillsBackerz67

Yeah see I dont like using a lot of conditioner, cuz Ill end up with that stiff Ramen noodle look:nono:. I like it a little but more poofy with some frizz

i have to agree with you but i want to add that i think its conditioner period. my hair is curly but the front is a loose wave and with heavy product doesnt curl at all. after watching mahoganycurls video a few weeks ago i left in a ton of deva care one conditioner which is heavy and every single strand was curled like ive never seen before.
only thing is my hair takes forever to dry so i havent done that in a long time.

i have some tresemme conditioner i should try it as a leave in tonight and see what i get.

greenandchic

I thought about buying the Tresemme Naturals condish for my wngs, but when I found out it contains isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), I changed my mind.

I saw that too and was always afraid to leave it in because of that...

lovealways greenandchic No it does not leave my hair crunchy. The more water I leave in my hair prior to adding the Tresseme, the softer and more defined my curls dry. Mahoganycurls uses more conditioner than needed (IMO) and thats why her hair dries crunchy but thats her method and it works for her :yep:

As far as oil I never use it and it does absolutely nothing for my hair. The one time I did try to seal with oil my hair dried very dull.

She does use a lot of conditioner, but it may be necessary so that she can have multi-day hair. My hair drinks oil like crazy so I will probably try with and without.

kellistarr

She does use a lot of conditioner said:
I'm pretty sure that's the reason, at least that would be my reason. When I leave tons in my hair like that I do experience the crunchies, but I do it when I need super hold for a week or more with NO frizz. I simply scrunch out the crunch with a few drops of hair serum, glosser or leave-in and it's gone. I don't scrunch it dry because even though it looks good, for me, it is unpleasant to the touch.

But, yeah, her hair looks great and really I don't think it has a lot to do with her brand of conditioner, but I'm going to get me some of that Tresseme anyway! :grin:

BillsBackerz67

Isoropyl alcohol is just an emulsifier and its the second to last ingredient in the bottle...therefore the amount is too negligible to cause any harm to the hair :yep: Ive been using this for almost 2 months and my hair is anything but dry...the girl in the youtube vids over a year and yall see how her hair turned out :yep: Try it yall! your hair wont fall out in clumps or be sahara dry because of the alcohol :lol: