I love this board!!

ubavka123

I hate to be cheesy, but I just have to say how happy I am that I found this forum. Before I found this board, I was resigned to the fact that my hair would always be short, because I was raised to think that only mixed women or women of other ethnicities can have really long hair. After wearing my hair in protective styles for about a year and a half (and laying off the unnecessary trimming), I experienced growth, a lot of which which I lost, because I did not know the importance of keeping my hair moisturized. I also thought I had to comb my hair every time I styled it, and I wasn't gentle! Now I know what to do. I am armed with so many wonderful tips from all of you beautiful ladies and I have never been happier with my hair. I look forward to every conditioner wash, shampoo, or styling session, because I know that my hair is soft and manageable. I have come to love my hair and I believe in its potential to grow LONG. This is so important to how I treat it. When I did not think that it could be long, I just abused it, because the hairdresser was just going to trim (cut) it off every time anyway. Now I baby my ends and my hair and I know that I will be rewarded for it. I love having this relationship with my hair, because I appreciate myself from head to toe, not just from the neck down. This is the first time in my life that I can say this, and I can attribute a lot of this thinking to the forum, the great inspirations that are here, the success stories and all of the fabulous advice. I live vicariously through everyone reaching their goals. It makes me so happy and encouraged. This is such a positive place. Let me also add, that given how catty ladies can be out on the street, it is so nice to see women helping women be more beautiful! I just had to share this. Sorry so long.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ubavka123 said:
I hate to be cheesy, but I just have to say how happy I am that I found this forum. Before I found this board, I was resigned to the fact that my hair would always be short, because I was raised to think that only mixed women or women of other ethnicities can have really long hair. After wearing my hair in protective styles for about a year and a half (and laying off the unnecessary trimming), I experienced growth, a lot of which which I lost, because I did not know the importance of keeping my hair moisturized. I also thought I had to comb my hair every time I styled it, and I wasn't gentle! Now I know what to do. I am armed with so many wonderful tips from all of you beautiful ladies and I have never been happier with my hair. I look forward to every conditioner wash, shampoo, or styling session, because I know that my hair is soft and manageable. I have come to love my hair and I believe in its potential to grow LONG. This is so important to how I treat it. When I did not think that it could be long, I just abused it, because the hairdresser was just going to trim (cut) it off every time anyway. Now I baby my ends and my hair and I know that I will be rewarded for it. I love having this relationship with my hair, because I appreciate myself from head to toe, not just from the neck down. This is the first time in my life that I can say this, and I can attribute a lot of this thinking to the forum, the great inspirations that are here, the success stories and all of the fabulous advice. I live vicariously through everyone reaching their goals. It makes me so happy and encouraged. This is such a positive place. Let me also add, that given how catty ladies can be out on the street, it is so nice to see women helping women be more beautiful! I just had to share this. Sorry so long.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
chocolate01 said:
I agree, I have learned so much since being here. Glad to hear that you have to.

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto

Back