I love to DCWC!

unalteredone

(Deep condition, wash, condition)

On Thursday (my wash day) I Deep conditioned on dry hair with the Nadia Fortifying Mask (shescentit) for ~25 mins under a dryer, hopped in the shower and washed (focusing on scalp, not length) with Nexxus Therappe, slathered on some Kenra MC and then perfomed the normal shower duties. Then I rinsed, towel dried, and let air dry to about 80%. I mixed a little lacio lacio, nadia green grape and redken heat glide together in my palms and applied to my hair, blowdried and flat ironed.

For once, my hair felt moisturized after flatironing and i had SWAANG. And it's shiny too, even today!! When i woke up this morning and took my scarf off, my crosswrap just fell...and that never happens to me. I'm hoping it was the method and not neccessarily the products i used bc i'm running out of my shescent it stuff, i'm waiting for my first HairVeda order, and lord knows i have too many conditioners that need to be used up!

I've been so happy with my hair for the past 48 hours, i just had to share....people IRL dont get as excited about conditioning as i do. :drunk:

Thats great you found something that works well for you.
I usually wash, condition, deep condition so I suppose it's the same thing in a different order. (WCDC, lol)

Or maybe it's the order that makes the difference.
Anyway, good for you. :)

I do this, as well and I love it.

Washing after deep conditioning does not remove the effects at all.

Last night I did this and my hair is soft and managable even though I have a mini afro underneath there. :look:

-I did rinse first, because I have had my hair braided for 5 weeks.
-did a protein rinse (Proactiv Activated protein treatment)
-deep conditioned with Redken Real Control Mask (WONDERFUL FOR STRETCHING!!) - 30 min total (10 min with heat)
-shampooed with Activate shampoo
-conditioned with Activate conditioner.

Normally I just deep condition on my dry hair first and then follow with the other steps, but I had to take a slight detour because of the braids and the fact that I wanted to give my hair a protein boost.

I started doing this last year really to save time. It seemed a bit easier and faster to do it this way and it works out well.

I still do it like Sarahh sometimes, especially if my hair is super dirty or with a lot of product build up on it.

Back