I loved Aphogee 2 min. Reconstructer

pmichael52172

I tried it last night because I was still having a little breakage from stretching my touchup (note to self: NEVER stretch again!) Anyway, I shampooed with Pantene Breakage Defense shampoo, then applied the Aphogee. I figured I'd let it sit for 5 minutes.

I rinsed and my hair was nice a soft and then I applied the Balancing Moisturizer... HATED IT! My hair started getting hard so after the recommended minutes I rinsed and followed with the Daily Defense Tender apple. Immediately, my hair loosened and softened. I put on a cap and chilled for about 1 hour. I then rinsed again and applied my pre-roller set products - Rusk Sensories Smoother and Paul Mitchell Foaming Pommade.

After the set dried, I lightly greased the scalp spread a little Ashea pomade mixed with a few drops of oil and wrapped it with a silk scarf for the night.

This morning, I took my hair down and there were only two strands in the sink!!! My hair did feel stronger and it is shiny and glossy... even without the Saran Wrap.

Although it can be used weekly, I'll probably use it in the next 2 weeks and from then on during touch-ups. One thing is for sure, I won't use the Balancing Moisturizer anymore.

pmichael52172

Girl don't laugh but... 7 weeks. I know I sound like a punk compared to some of the ladies that stretch 12 weeks and up. I usually touch up every 6 weeks but factoring in the liquid BioSil and other vits, my hair was probably growing more. My hair is naturally fine AND porous so it's hard to keep moisturized - especially around touch up time. The new growth was insane. Can you say *snap crackle and pop?* LOL

Last edited:

bLackButtaFly

I love the renconstructor too! It is so much easier on my hair than the hard treatment. I don't use the balancing moisturizer either, it doesn't do anything for me. I just use my regular conditioner. And I also don't use it every week just every other week, when I need a hair boost.:love: love it

Choklatekiss79

Girl don't laugh but... 7 weeks. I know I sound like a punk compared to some of the ladies that stretch 12 weeks and up. I usually touch up every 6 weeks but factoring in the liquid BioSil and other vits, my hair was probably growing more. My hair is naturally fine AND porous so it's hard to keep moisturized - especially around touch up time. The new growth was insane. Can you say *snap crackle and pop?* LOL

LOL!!:lol: Seven weeks is a stretch for a lot of people. I'm actually doing my first 12 week stretch. I'm in week 10 now and it's definitely different, but I'm making it. My hair is fine too, and it drinks moisturizer and oil. Anywho.....always looking for good conditioners, so thanks again for the tip. :D

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I used this this past weekend and got very soft hair as an end result. I'm sorry it took me this long to jump on this. Its a staple now.

preciousjewel76

This stuff is great. I forgot I had it until a few weeks ago, and I "rediscovered" it. My hair is much happier since!

I agree with the OP, that "Balancing Moisturizer" by Aphogee is pointless. And don't even get me started on that "Shampoo for Damaged Hair"....:mad:

CAPlush

This is a really nice protein treatment. I have a small bottle in my stash, when I finish it I will probably get a big bottle.:)

gymfreak336

preciousjewel76 said:
This stuff is great. I forgot I had it until a few weeks ago, and I "rediscovered" it. My hair is much happier since!

I agree with the OP, that "Balancing Moisturizer" by Aphogee is pointless. And don't even get me started on that "Shampoo for Damaged Hair"....:mad:

It should be called "shampoo to damage hair" I hated it and the "moisturizing" one too. The 2min is great. I might do buy a pack just to keep on hand.

winterinatl

All natural!
I just bought this, and am wondering if I should clarify first - I usually do for a protein treatment. If I sit under the dryer for some time will that benefit me anymore than following the 2 min. instructions?

pmichael52172

I've never clarified before (and still got results) but since you often do it before a treatment, I think it can only help.

Because it's a specified treatment, I would suggest sticking with the instructions. It says to leave on for 2 minutes, or 5 minutes for more serious breakage. It says nothing about a dryer so I didn't do it. I just covered with a cap and waiting 5 minutes exactly.

Try it their way first would be my suggestions.