I Made My First Wig! Kinky Curly Edition (Pics)

loulou82

:yay:

I had the hair installed as a sew in with my horseshoe left out for blending. It lasted 9 weeks before the matting and tangling drove me crazy. :nono: So I decided to take out the hair, wash, condition and detangle it. Thankfully it looked as good as new. I then installed it on a mesh wig cap mixing KCY with some left over AAMH. At first I looked like Rick James (circa 80s), Diana and Chaka rolled into one. I took out a few tracks and some of the bulk with my shears. I like it a lot. I'm feeling myself so much that I'm going to order Brazilian Body Wave and make another wig. :yep:

Specs-
KinkyCurlyYaki Afro Kinky Curly (probably 3 ounces used) (18 inches)
and
AllAboutMyHair Kinky Curly (1/2 a bundle) (20 inches I believe)

The AAMH lasted me 4 installs over the course of a year while the KCY only lasted 9 weeks as an install.

First two pictures are KCY as a sew in
Last picture is my wig

(Sorry scarcity21 for the KCY picture delay)

Last edited:

scarcity21

:yay:

I had the hair installed as a sew in with my horseshoe left out for blending. It lasted 9 weeks before the matting and tangling drove me crazy. :nono: So I decided to take out the hair, wash, condition and detangle it. Thankfully it looked as good as new. I then installed it on a mesh wig cap mixing KCY with some left over AAMH. At first I looked like Rick James (circa 80s), Diana and Chaka rolled into one. I took out a few tracks and some of the bulk with my shears. I like it a lot. I'm feeling myself so much that I'm going to order Brazilian Body Wave and make another wig. :yep:

Specs-
KinkyCurlyYaki Afro Kinky Curly (probably 3 ounces used) (18 inches)
and
AllAboutMyHair Kinky Curly (1/2 a bundle) (20 inches I believe)

The AAMH lasted me 4 installs over the course of a year while the KCY only lasted 9 weeks as an install.

First two pictures are KCY as a sew in
Last picture is my wig

(Sorry scarcity21 for the KCY picture delay)

loulou82, love the pics gurl!!! Thanks for posting. How did you close your wig? I need to stop being scared and try to make a wig. I ended up buy one bundle of the afro kinky and one of the afro kinky curly...havent decided if Im going to install or make a wig.

loulou82

Thanks Ladies!

scarcity21: I closed the top by cutting some hair from the weft and securing the hair to the cap with hair glue. I originally bought 2 bundles of AKC and still have a full bundle left. I may do a 3/4 wig with it. You if do the wig and need guidance, peekmill and fabulousityisme on youtube have helpful tutorials.