I Made My Own DC And I Love It!!!

Stiletto_Diva

This weekend I wanted to do a DC on my hair becuase it was feeling a little dry. I only had a tiny bit of my Elasta QP DRP-11 left and didn't have enough for my whole head. So I went to my kitchen:grin:. This is the creation I came up with:

Elasta QP DPR-11
Aussie Moist conditioner
Grade B maple syrup
Coconut oil
Lime juice
Honey
Proclaim natural 7 oil

I mixed all of this up until I had a creamy conditioner. I slapped this bad boy on my head and covered it with a plastic cap and a scarf over that. I left it on for a few hours and then rinsed it out in the shower. As I was rinsing it out I was in heaven!!! My hair has NEVER felt that soft with just a conditioner:lick:. I towel dried it and but some Vatika Frosting on it and sealed with castor oil. I then let it air dry so that I could but my scarf on and then go to bed. I accidently fell asleep before I put my scarf on:blush:. Now usually this results in my hair being a dry, tight, flat afro mess the next morning. But his time my hair was soft and moist. I just had to fluff out some of the dents. My hair was waaaay to oily though. I used the same abount of Vatika Frosting and castor oil as I usually do, but I think my hair needed less since it was so moisturized.

My hair was so oily that I had to re-cowash my hair that morning. So I decided to redo the DC treatment, sans the Elasta QP. My hair felt soft again but the crown (the coarsest part of my hair) was a little dry feeling. So I put some Aussie Moist on that part and my edges then rinsed. I loved the results. Next time I def am going to have the Elasta DPR-11. I put my hair in a puff and lightly moisturized with Elasta QP Mango Butter and sealed with castor oil.

My hair was butter soft all day. Even my mom said that my hair looked really nice and felt better than usual ( she hates for me to wear a puff:rolleyes:) She also said that she could see the curls more (becuase of the lime juice?)

I don't have pics to show because there isn't a a big visual difference. You really can't tell the difference unless you are really close. The most notable thing is the feel of my hair. It's been 15 hours and my hair is still soft.

Just wanted to share

Angelicus

That sounds yummy! Your hair still feels soft? Wow. I did a mix a couple of days ago but I haven't used it yet. It's in the refrigerator.

Silicon Mix Conditioner
Tropical Milk Protein Conditioner
Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Shea Butter
Peppermint Oil

I threw everything I could find in a bowl, pretty much :lol: I'll let you know when I use it OP.

Stiletto_Diva

That sounds yummy! Your hair still feels soft? Wow. I did a mix a couple of days ago but I haven't used it yet. It's in the refrigerator.

Silicon Mix Conditioner
Tropical Milk Protein Conditioner
Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Shea Butter
Peppermint Oil

I threw everything I could find in a bowl, pretty much :lol: I'll let you know when I use it OP.

Please do let me know the results. I am still amazed at how moisturized my hair stayed. This morning I just spritzed my hair with water and added a little more mango butter and sealed with cator oil. My hair is still soft!!!

I'm thinking about making this a staple and using it 1-2x/wk.