I might try this...what do ya think?

lana

I hope I get a few replies to this thread. I'm thinking of trying this for a while to get to APL (I'm currently at Collarbone length +2 inches)

Okay I want to just wash my hair every other day or so and then add a leave in conditioner and just blow out my bangs only, bunning up the rest. I think this will be a low manipulation hairstyle that I can handle. Plus I'll have straightened bangs with a little bump to them so I should still look cute. See right now, I wear my hair down everyday. I'm really trying to let it grow out without too much manipulation or heat.

This way I can avoid using heat on the body of my hair, just the bangs for a little swoop or curl, once a week (pincurl the rest of the week).

Has anyone tried this before? Even if you haven't how does this sound?

DivaRox

Hi Lana,

I haven't tried it but everything sounds like a good idea except the blow dry the bang part. I think a good alternative would be to smooth your bang down or add a bantu knot for a little curl and let it dry with indirect heat.

lana

DivaRox - I should have mentioned that I'm a texturized 4a/b and I work in a professional environment. I am barely texturized so when I air dry my hair it just ends up looking like :look: well...not good. Doesn't matter what oils, conditioners or sealers that I use :ohwell:.

Anyways I think using heat once per week only on my bangs with heat protectant will be okay, so far it's fine, it's just that I want to wean away from regular heat use. Ya know? :yep:

Thanks for your reply and I welcome any others.:rolleyes:

Candy_C

I hope I get a few replies to this thread. I'm thinking of trying this for a while to get to APL (I'm currently at Collarbone length +2 inches)

Okay I want to just wash my hair every other day or so and then add a leave in conditioner and just blow out my bangs only, bunning up the rest. I think this will be a low manipulation hairstyle that I can handle. Plus I'll have straightened bangs with a little bump to them so I should still look cute. See right now, I wear my hair down everyday. I'm really trying to let it grow out without too much manipulation or heat.

This way I can avoid using heat on the body of my hair, just the bangs for a little swoop or curl, once a week (pincurl the rest of the week).

Has anyone tried this before? Even if you haven't how does this sound?

its ok, but your bangs will always remain "bangs"

i cant see them retaining length with this sort of regular heat

why not just roll up the bangs with some magnetic rollers and release when dry??