I need a moisturizer similar to BB Castor Oil

lsubabiedee

I like the BB Castor Oil Moisturizer, but I can't keep using something with mineral oil in it. I need some recommendations for similar products that are mineral oil/petrolatum free.

texasqt

I like the BB Castor Oil Moisturizer, but I can't keep using something with mineral oil in it. I need some recommendations for similar products that are mineral oil/petrolatum free.

Bumping for ya':bump:

And out of curiousity, why can't you keep using something with mineral oil? I know mineral oil is not the "best" ingredient but I've tried plenty of other products without it that wrecked havoc on my hair. Mineral oil has been associated with clogging pores but I really don't apply it to my scalp. It also may not have any real benefit at all (hee!hee! yes I said it) other than being a base/product filler that other ingredients are mixed into. But at the same time, Mineral oil is used in 100s of products and has been for 100s of years. I'm sure enough scientific research has been done to show it isn't detrimental (to those of us who can tolerate using it because everyone can't.)

I love BB Castor Oil Moisturizer in the jar (I think that's the one your referring to) and I have yet to find anything that works like it does. I'm asking why you want to stop using it because I want to make sure I'm not missing any memos, if ya know what I mean (like its causing breakage, buildup, numbness, tooth decay, rings around the skull, etc., etc. :lachen:)

As it is said, if it works for you, it works for you! Natural products are suppose to be better (coconut oil ranks really high) but I don't know if it should be said that because a natural oil is better, mineral oil is straight trash. :imo:

Also, I don't think the BB in the bottle contains mineral oil but it is watery. Water is the first ingredient which is good. I have a bottle, but I have yet to use it. May add some castor or coconut oil to thicken it up a bit. I'm really interested in trying out coconut oil.

lsubabiedee

The BB Castor Oil (in the bottle) is the only moisturizer of it's type that I've used in a long while. I bought it about 2 years ago before it had mineral oil in it...well, the bottles i bought had it, but i didnt realize it.

I'm not a fan of mineral oil, and aside from this moisturizer, my clarifying shampoo, and my chelating shampoo, i dont use any mainstream commercial products. I was just looking for something similar.

Allandra

I love BB Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion with w/Castor Oil and Aloe. I've been using it for a while now. I'm not bothered by the mineral oil.

wheezy807

i found a link but interesting enough that BB oil moisturizer didn't have minerial oil as an ingredient. These companies...:rolleyes: Well if you like BB products, i would try to stick with that line. You might have to go to the bss and thumb through the aisles to look at accurate listed ingredients. They do have a nice amount of different moisturizers, so hopefully a couple of them don't have minerial oil as an ingredient. HTH.
http://www.bronnerbros.com/html/products.html

lsubabiedee

:lol:

Oh well.

The other moisturizers I use are in the pic I posted above. I like them all.

Is the mineral oil doing something negative to your hair?

I'm not sure. I've only been using it again for 2 weeks or so, but I don't like the idea of using a product daily with mineral oil in it.

lsubabiedee

i found a link but interesting enough that BB oil moisturizer didn't have minerial oil as an ingredient. These companies...:rolleyes: Well if you like BB products, i would try to stick with that line. You might have to go to the bss and thumb through the aisles to look at accurate listed ingredients. They do have a nice amount of different moisturizers, so hopefully a couple of them don't have minerial oil as an ingredient. HTH.
http://www.bronnerbros.com/html/products.html

this upsets me b/c i havent seen a bottle with those ingredients. i wonder if that's the old ingredients or if they've changed them again.

thanks for the link