I need advise

tyrablu

Hi All,

I am just beginning on my journey and I have a problem:mad: . My last relaxer was 04/28/07. My brother is getting married in September and I had planned to stretch my relaxer till that time however now that I think about it that is going to be a stretch of 5 months. I had the thought of getting a relaxer next week which would make it ten weeks and then doing another relaxer in September which would make it another 10 weeks.

What do you guys think? Do you think I would be over processing my hair by doing twice in that length of time? Or should I try to stretch it out?:confused:

Any advise would be helpful:)

If it helps I have type 4 a hair that is fine and thin.

Thanks
TB

Blackoutzangel05

I don't see any problem with holding out until September but if you want to get one now and then stretch for 10 weeks, it could be better since you are new to the journey and it might be less stress on you with all the new growth

CoCoEspresso

I think a 10 week stretch is quite alright. Many ladies stretch here for that amount of time and their hair is fine. I would suggest that you relax next week because if you do decide to stretch and within a few weeks you find that you do want to relax, there will be a shorter time between touch-ups and thus you have a greater risk of overprocessing. As long as you protect the previously relaxed hair with conditioner and/or a petroleum based product, you should not have to worry too much about over-processing. You want your hair to look nice in those pictures because they last forever! If you relax then you won't have to use as much heat to achieve your style. HTH.

tyrablu

CoCoEspresso said:
I think a 10 week stretch is quite alright. Many ladies stretch here for that amount of time and their hair is fine. I would suggest that you relax next week because if you do decide to stretch and within a few weeks you find that you do want to relax, there will be a shorter time between touch-ups and thus you have a greater risk of overprocessing. As long as you protect the previously relaxed hair with conditioner and/or a petroleum based product, you should not have to worry too much about over-processing. You want your hair to look nice in those pictures because they last forever! If you relax then you won't have to use as much heat to achieve your style. HTH.

This is exactly what I di not want to happen.

Thanks ladies for your advise, I feel alot better now.

TB

caribeandiva

Human being
it sounds good to me. i stretch my relaxers for 10 weeks. i don't seem to be able to get to 12 weeks. overprocessing is relaxing every 3-5 weeks.

tyrablu

So I went ahead and got a relaxer on Saturday:confused:. The person that I went to used motions and i hate the results:mad: I think Motions changed the texture of my hair and made it more dry, and frizzy looking. I didnt realize that she used super strength too:eek:. I am so afraid of my hair coming out. I dont know what to do.

DO you think this is dry look of my hair is going to last long?

What should I do to help reverse the damage done by the relaxer?

coconow2007

tyrablu said:
So I went ahead and got a relaxer on Saturday:confused:. The person that I went to used motions and i hate the results:mad: I think Motions changed the texture of my hair and made it more dry, and frizzy looking. I didnt realize that she used super strength too:eek:. I am so afraid of my hair coming out. I dont know what to do.

DO you think this is dry look of my hair is going to last long?

What should I do to help reverse the damage done by the relaxer?

I suggest you moisturize, moisturize and then moisturize some more. Baggying you whole head at night will also help. During the day keep your ends moisturized and protected by wearing a protective style. You can also follow Cathy Howse's method (book - Ultra Black Hair Growth) - she suggest that you treat ur newly relaxed hair very gently and continue to add moisture to it - u may also want to shampoo and dc ur hair frequently (every 3 days)
I hope this helps:)