I need Aphogee Advice please..?

Dauntless

My ends are breaking off really bad... I bought an Aphogee Two step protein packet which includes the Balancing Moisturizer and I also bought a bottle of the 2 Min Reconstructor...The Two Step treatment packet is really small and I don't think it'll be enough to cover all my hair...Can I use it on just my ends? Do I have to use a blow dryer? what use I do ...I don't wanna jack my hair up....TIA

turnergirl

I guess you could just put it on your ends but you want to be sure you have enough to cover them. I would put it on the bottom half. If I were to do that. You would either need a hood dryer or a blow dryer. You need heat to make the treatment bond to your hair.

DarkHair

Hi and welcome to LHCF!!!
I used the two-step protein treatment last night and I used it on my entire head. I think it would be a good idea to get two of them though. I don't know if using the reconstructor is a good idea since its protein as well, but not as much.

DON'T use a blow dryer, at least not with an attachment:look:. Sit under the dryer or pass the blow dryer over your head until it's all hard, then rinse it out. Be sure to get all the hardness out, then apply the balance moisturizer.

I am HTH. HHG

Dauntless

I better wait to do the two step..since i don't have enough and I do feel like runnin to sallys since its like 30 min away.....i don't own a hooded dryer so should I not attepmt this at all?

Qualitee

oh ok...so I can use a hand held dryer ok
You can but its going to take much longer:wallbash: Sit under a hooded dryer its way better trust me!:grin: you dont have to use step two. If you have another moisturizing con that works for you use that HTH And Welcome to LHCF!

SmartyPants

And please please please... use a better moisturizing conditioner than the Aphogee moisturizing conditioner. That stuff sucks diddly ucks! Do a deep condition under the dryer for about 45 minutes with a GOOD moisturizing conditioner.

Dauntless

Thanks ladies....I ended up using the one small packet....I used it from about the middle of my hair to the ends and yes I dried with a hand held dryer and yes it took forever...Then I carefully rinsed it...I used the condish that came with it just because it was there but then i did a Cholestorel and Olive Oil Deep Condish...I rinsed it and i'm letting it air dry...I'll post pics of the finshed product...Not sure how I'll style it yet

DarkHair

And please please please... use a better moisturizing conditioner than the Aphogee moisturizing conditioner. That stuff sucks diddly ucks! Do a deep condition under the dryer for about 45 minutes with a GOOD moisturizing conditioner.

Where was this info last night? Something told me to DC.