I need hair type help

BCBGGirl

<font color="blue">
Hi Everyone,

Please help me find my hair type. Last weekend my mother's hair stylist told her she had 2a type hair. When my mother told her I believed I was a 3c (like Gloria Reuben) the stylist said that was impossible. Since hair would be determined by the mother's genes (Is that true?). So, I need help. Am I 3c, 4a, or 4b? I took some pix last night.
The quality is not great, this is why I never take pictures.
Anywho thanks in advance for the assistance.

hair pix
</font>

pebbles

Hi BCBGGirl,

Judging from your pictures, you look to have a combination of 3b/3c hair. Some of the pictures where you were holding up your hair show curls consistent with 3b, and other parts look like 3c. That's what it looks like to me. Let's see what others think.

Adrian3bc

Looks like 3b/c to me from the pics. Does it straighten when wet?
My hair looked like your as a little girls b4 the relaxer. Hope this helps.

PS you get 1 allele from your mother and one from your father so your genes are a combination of your parents.

BCBGGirl

Pebbles
Thanks, I thought 3c for most of it. But the front of my hair was always a mystery. Now I know 3b.

Adrian3bc,
Yes, My hair is close to straight when sopping wet.
But I refuse to grab a camera with dripping wet hair.

See I knew my hair couldn't just be from Mom because her hair is mostly straight when dry.

Thanks

Peachtree

BCBGGIRL, hi there

Girlfriend, your hair is beautiful. If only I could have your "natural" loose waves
....simply BUUUU-TIFUL

God Bless,
Peachtree

sweetcocoa

I agree with Pebbles...3/b-3/c. Your hair looks a little like mine in parts of it. I have 3/b(sides and lower half in the back)...4/a in the crown and 3/c everywhere else. I usually just catgorize it 3/c-4/a because those 2 textures are the ones I have to 'work' with the most...

BCBGGirl

Thank you Peachtree,
Your hair is really thriving…very thick and even.
When I was relaxed it looked like I had two hairs on my head.

Thanks Sweetcocoa,
Hair typing is so confusing. I will probably continue to use 3c as my description.
Now knowing that I have two different types of hair on my scalp, it explains why parts of my hair were always fried after perms.
hwell:

Lilydrake

Type 3 is elastic when your hair gets dry and curl.
If you have a thick and shine one is C. If you have a medium (between fine and thick) and shine one is B.