3C and 3B Hair types ----- confused

tekmommie

Why don't we make up one, because I am totally confused as to what my hair texture is...it doesnt seem to really fit any of the catagories. Maybe I'm off the charts...lol

inthestars

Two weeks ago, I did my second big chop and got rid of the scab hair. My remaining 3/4 inch is softer and I'm glad; I didn't want to look like Marge Simpson with frizzy type 3 hair

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming from all the info I've gathered that I'm a 3c/4a cause while I have a wavy curl pattern, it grows down has more waves than spirals...

[/ QUOTE ]

Waves mean you are a type 2.
2c, 2d, whatever you want to call it,
A type 2 you be!

lol!

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair waves up - but then TURNS to big curls. I don't think I am a 2 at all, but then again...I don't know. I have always had problems with the hair charts.

-lee

tekmommie

This does not resemble my hair at all...wonder if I'm a 3???
My hair is silkier and wavier, I can part it with my fingers very easy. When it is dry you can't tell the difference between the relaxed hair and natural hair

Sunnysmile751

Has anyone heard of the LOIS typing system, it's a bit better at categorizing Black hair. You can find it at: http://www.nappturality.com/types.htm
For example under Andre's system, I would be a 4a/b, but with the LOIS system I'm a spongy OS! It takes a while to get used to, but it makes much more sense considering the myriad of textures and curls that Black hair can have.