Can anyone reccomend products for dandruff and scalp psoriasis

MAHOGNEY329

Future ESQ. w/nice hair:)
My mom scalp has been suffering from scalp psoriasis. The Design Essentials that we have been faithfully using seem to irritate it further. Her hair is thinning and her scalp has these sores, that flake when she combs her hair. Her edges are fire red and it looks scally and when you look at the scalp it is red and very sore. It itches no matter what she puts on it (Sulfer 8; ORS Tea Tree Oil and etc.). Can anyone suggest products that would help clear this condition up? Thanks in advance for all the help:).

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jewell

My grandmother has psoriasis, and it affects her scalp too. She uses Neutrogena T-Gel. It is very drying to the hair, so I would concentrate it on the scalp only, and possibly follow with a moisturizing shampoo for the hair. I tend to have dry scalp in the winter, and I used Pantene's Anti-Dandruff. If nothing works over-the-counter, she may need to see a dermatologist for a prescription shampoo, which may help her specific conditon, rather that anti-dandruff shampoos.

MAHOGNEY329

Thank you Senimoni and Thank you Jewell, for the suggestions:).

I will look into them both:)

Please anyone else, keeping the suggestions coming:)

HWAY

I wish I'd known of this product years ago. My daughter suffered from eczema terribly. I used Glover's. I applied it and left it on her scalp for 30-60 minutes 2-3 times a week and wash and conditioned her hair afterward. It worked.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
There are a few things I recommend that have worked for me. First I cut back on my dairy intake. It took me a while to figure out that too much dairy causes flare ups for me. I then added 2000 mg of flax seed oil daily along with 500 mg of epo. This has helped my scalp from the inside. Finally, when I start seeing those scale like flakes I add a little tea tree oil to my shampoo and to my pre shampoo treatments (evoo, castor oil, honey and a little tea tree oil). HTH

HWAY

Thanks. I just started using Flaxseed oil. I may purchase some epo. I changed my moisturizers but I am still prone to a dry itchy scalp.

LABETT

I have seborrheic dermatis and I do a pre hot oil treatment with evvo for 30 to 40 minutes and I wash my hair with prescription strength 2% Nizoral shampoo and follow up with a moisturizing poo like Elucence.
I like to use 9 en 1 condtioner on my hair with a heat cap for 30 minutes this conditioner is recommended for seborrheic dermatis.

MAHOGNEY329

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions, we will be utlizing them:). My mom has an appointment with her dermatologist on the 19th of next month, but those four weeks seem so far away. Thank you all again.:)