I need help. I have no skills styling this hair.

lana

NJoy I loved this entire thread and thank you so much for the pictures! You're my new hair inspiration.

I texlax as well with Mizani Lye and Conditioner. The longest I have stretched was 16 weeks. You're amazing stretching sooo long! I know you're tempted to go natural! I always am everytime I stretch, but I love what texlaxing does to my hair tooo much to go natural right now.

So...do you mind telling me what relaxer you use and your regimen? If it's somewhere posted already, please point me in that direction. Your hair is beautiful!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
It looks great!! you should post hair pics more often, ma'am. :D
i vote for not doing a twistout right now....how about adding some flexirods to your hair and rocking a loosely curled look??
but for your future twistout ventures, i would vote on adding perm rods or flexirods to give your relaxed ends some curl.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I will be out of town. ;-( My BD is this sunday and we are taking a trip the next weekend.

hair4romheaven

I thought you said something but wasn't sure. Well, I hope you have a fantabulous time and look forward to you joining us at the next meet up.

Thanks for the compliments, btw.

@NJoy I loved this entire thread and thank you so much for the pictures! You're my new hair inspiration.

I texlax as well with Mizani Lye and Conditioner. The longest I have stretched was 16 weeks. You're amazing stretching sooo long! I know you're tempted to go natural! I always am everytime I stretch, but I love what texlaxing does to my hair tooo much to go natural right now.

So...do you mind telling me what relaxer you use and your regimen? If it's somewhere posted already, please point me in that direction. Your hair is beautiful!

lana, Wow! Thanks for the kind words.

You can find my relaxer/texlax process here.
And my regi here. The only change is that I haven't been using the sulfur mix much this year because of the long stretches. I don't daily cowash because of the manipulation and I prefer to have the option to suddenly end my stretch if I encounter any problems. (you have to end the sulfur a week prior to texlax).

This is my 2nd long stretch. I had some problems with the first one because of the stress of my mom being sick and me just neglecting my hair because of it. But even then, I stretched 9.5 months. I'm around 32 wks post now and may texlax mid December. We'll see. :look:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
It looks great!! you should post hair pics more often, ma'am. :D
i vote for not doing a twistout right now....how about adding some flexirods to your hair and rocking a loosely curled look??
but for your future twistout ventures, i would vote on adding perm rods or flexirods to give your relaxed ends some curl.

Rocky91

I'm in the HYH Challenge. I did sneak a couple pics on earlier this year. But, don't tell anyone. :yep:

A loose curly look was what I was trying to attempt last night. :look: Thanks for the suggestions. :lick:

EbonyCPrincess

I second someone's suggestion of BKO. Also flexirods overnight.

I've always wondered if long-term wig wearers have this problem once they reach their goals. I can't think of anyone else to ask or compare you to though. Seriously, it is an awesome problem to have. lol.

MzSwift

Aww, sorry NJoy
I didn't mean to get you into trouble. LoL Didn't know you were in a HYH challenge.
I just saw that NJoy started the thread and was eager to see your gorgeous hair.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Aww, sorry @NJoy
I didn't mean to get you into trouble. LoL Didn't know you were in a HYH challenge.
I just saw that NJoy started the thread and was eager to see your gorgeous hair.

MzSwift

You probably didn't know because I've been MIA in that thread. D'oh! :blush:

Ah well. I've been whooped before and I'm sure it won't be my last time. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words, Girlie. :yep:

janeemat

Yeah, like I said. I have NO skills when it comes to styling this hair. Shoot, I didn't have skills when I was back at SL so why am I surprised. :ohwell:

Anywho, I mussed and fussed with it til hubby had to drag me away from the mirror. I tried to wear it straight back but, pulling my hair out of my coat when putting my coat on was so dramatic that I felt uncomfortable and ended up bunning it. In other words, I punked out. Whomp! :blush:

So, I have no stunning Anniversary dinner hair pics. :nono: But, I can show you what I was working with. *big sigh*

Ok. Here's when I flat ironed the roots only and ended up feeling like Mufasa from the Lion King. Um yeah, you can see that my hair also laughed at my Caruso rollers attempt. :nono:

Now, the good thing about that is I did want the thickness. I think stretching and texlaxing is working in that area but, look at how crazy my ends were looking. They're not ragged but without flat ironing them, they were all over the place. You KNOW I couldn't do anything with that! And then I had the nerve to try to wrap it? :nono: No, honey. No.

And here's me after I went back and flat ironed the length (well, I still avoided the ends as much as possible).

Oh, and that's not what I wore out either. My dress was black so, no need to try to show a hair shot with that.

Today, I will be twisting my hair for tomorrow and then will do a twist out for Saturday and Sunday. I was pleased with my last braidout attempt (except for the relaxed ends that were not braided all the way down) so, I'm really hoping the twist out turns out well.

Any tips or suggestions for that? I've said it a zillion times. I'm ultimately trying to do a twistout like Hair Crush. I just love that result.

A'ight. That's all folks. Carry on. :yep:

I love all of the pics! Gorgeous!