I Need Help! Seriously

seymone

I have tried everything.. I drink about 10-12 glasses of water a day. I am doing a colon cleanse as we speak. I am at my wits end.. OOPs... I am referencing my face. The scar and pimples are outrageous. It makes me feel so ugly..:mad:

preciousjewel76

I feel your pain! I am a long-time acne sufferer. I've had it since junior high school. I've gone through lots of dermatologist's products, Proactiv, and drugstore skin care products that really didn't work. I recently started using a combination of Paula's Choice and Alpha Hydrox skincare products (both of which are relatively inexpensive), and my skin looks pretty durn good! The pimples are almost non-existent, but I still have some dark spots from old blemishes. Those are going to take time to fade.

My first question, though: have you seen a dermatologist? It might be a good idea to rule out any underlying medical problem that could be contributing to your skin issues.

PaperClip

Hello.... I'm sorry that you're going through this. I agree with going to see a dermatologist if that is possible. Are these recent issues or have you had issues with skin since childhood/teenagerdom? I ask this because maybe it will help determine the root of the problem....

Do you know what kind of skin you have, e.g., oily, dry, normal/combo? Do you wear makeup? Your skin might be sensitive or having an allergic reaction....

I got this book from the library recently and it helped me to know what kind of skin I have and how to maximize my skin care (it confirmed a lot of what I already knew). The title of the book is "The Skin Type Solution: A Revolutionary Guide to Your Best Skin Ever" by Leslie Baumann (2006).

Hope this helps.

seymone

Thanks for the advice. This problem is recent... I will go to see a dermatologist. I just do want to be on antibotics and such.. I want a natural approach to my problems.

sugarose

seymone said:
Thanks for the advice. This problem is recent... I will go to see a dermatologist. I just do want to be on antibotics and such.. I want a natural approach to my problems.

I had this problem most of my life and the best thing that helped me was taking Omega 3, 6, and 9 capsules. They cleared up my acne literally in about 2 weeks, and my scars in about 1-2 months. I had really bad scars too, because I had awful skin.

A teacher of mine was also a nutritionist, and told me about this a year or so ago. I still take them regularly and now have beautiful skin. :)