I Ordered a Tourmaline Wet to Dry Flat Iron - What are your opinions of these?

HoneyDew

I have always wanted to test one of these out. The New FHI Runway is one, but it retails for $400 :eek: . Even the Ebay prices of $250 is still too much for something I know nothing about.

Any who, I ordered the ACS Pro Tourmaline Wet to Dry Ceramic Iron

*Dry and straighten in one fast, healthy step
*1-inch flat pure tourmaline infused ceramic plates
*Pure tourmaline heater
*Steam dry your hair to lock in moisture and softness
*Fully adjustable temperature control that reaches a maximum temperature of 410-degrees Fahrenheit
*Unsurpassed infrared heat for deep, long lasting straightening
*Tourmaline ions for smoothing, superior shine, and silkiness
*Convenient travel size

Anyone ever used one? What do you guys think of these types of irons?

ACEA

I'm not familiar with this brand, but I had a bad experience with the T3 wet to dry. It wasn't good at drying nor straightening my relaxed mostly 4a tresses. Customer service at T3 was good about swaping it out for me. However, the new one was just as bad. I was so disappointed. It was $200.00!

HoneyDew

Thanks for responding!

That's why I am so afraid of spending so much money. I LOVE my 207RVI FHI and I trust the name but I would be so upset if these wet/dry types don't work for me.

I read that the Solia is a wet/dry and they have an 1" one. It is about $85 on Folica. That one looks pretty interesting, too.

Syrah

I'm not sure how I feel about wet to dry irons. I had a Jilbere Ceramic one that I used a few times and it worked...

However, they're getting mixed reviews. Some folks say they're good for your hair...others say they are really damaging.

HOWEVER...as far as the Tourmaline goes, I love it. I have a tourmaline/ceramic blow dryer (the T3) and a Chi tourmaline/ceramic flat iron. LOVE it. For whatever reason your hair comes out feeling moisturized...

Lemme know how it works out for you.

aileenadq

I wouldn't do a wet to dry anything, 'cept my bonnet dryer, that is.

I think that the damage will be equivalent to blowdrying on a super hot setting. That is, the water inside the hair shaft will be superheated an expand rapidy (as superheated water becomes steam and expands) and burst out of the hair shaft, creating "bubbles" in the hair shaft that will lead to breakage.

JMHO