Product Reviews: T3 Tourmaline Blow Dryer and Flat Iron

Syrah

Hair Type: 3c/4a (more 4A than anything else I think).
Hair Length: About 2" shy of bra strap when blow dried...
Completely natural.

Bare with me...this is long. :lol:

So, because I suffer from some serious PJ'ism (I was doin well too)...I went out and purchased both the T3 Evolution Blow Dryer http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P123619&categoryId=C11244 and the T3 Duality Flat Iron http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P90609&categoryId=C11244. No I did not pay Sephora prices for the two.

I washed my hair as I usually do, poo'ed with Formula's By Ecoly Papaya Dry Hair Shampoo, Conditioned with Formula's Sage Detangling Conditioner. Got out. Added some Formula's Tri Wheat Leave-In and Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor and proceeded to blow dry, section by section. This is my normal regimen.

Did T3 blow dry my hair in 60% less time than usual, as the ads claim? No.
Did T3 leave my hair feeling softer and more moisturized than usual? Somewhat. A bit. It was noticeable, but not mind blowing.
Did T3 allow me to use less heat?! YES!!! With my old blow dryer, I was blow drying my hair on HIGH Heat (the highest setting), for about an hour and 20 minutes. With the T3, I can blow dry my entire head in about an hour, on LOW heat (the lowest heat setting...not the cool shot). I noticed with my old dryer, I started getting split ends, because I blow dry religiously. I'm interested in seeing if this will prevent the split ends I encountered before (I did cut off the split ends).

I also have the T3 Diffuser (it came free with the dryer). I haven't tried it yet...but when I do I will post.

As for the Flat Iron. I have used the Chi Ultra (Ceramic + Tourmaline iron). One heat setting (400 degrees). It worked wonders in about 40 minutes which was amazing.

The T3: it has variable heat settings, from 180 to 410. They did something smart and put these ridges on the TOP of the iron, so that if you're adding curls to your hair, your hair feeds through the ridges (like a comb) but not enough to cause snagging or breaking. I did not use ANY heat sprays when I did it (I was in Vegas and left 'em at home on accident).

The verdict: It straightened my hair in about an hour. My hair felt silky and smooth. I use the flat irons to add curls, and with the T3, my hair did not hold the curls as long as it did with the Chi. Between the T3 and the Chi, I liked the Chi better (again, this is the Chi Ceramic + Tourmaline). I LOVE the Ceramic Tourmaline combination, but think that for the $$$ the CHI does a much better job, resists heat and humidity and does not get at hot. Needless to say, I will be selling my T3 on ebay and buying another Chi (I returned it like a dumbass to experiment).

Verdicts:
T3 Evolution Blow Dryer = Keeper.
T3 Flat Iron (Duality, 1") = Not worth the money. Chi, FHI and Solia all make Ceramic + Tourmaline flat irons for less money, that work better in my opinion.

Hope this helps!!!!

Last edited:

MizaniMami

MsNadi said:
Hair Type: 3c/4a (more 4A than anything else I think).
Hair Length: About 2" shy of bra strap when blow dried...
Completely natural.

Bare with me...this is long. :lol:

So, because I suffer from some serious PJ'ism (I was doin well too)...I went out and purchased both the T3 Evolution Blow Dryer http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P123619&categoryId=C11244 and the T3 Duality Flat Iron http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P90609&categoryId=C11244. No I did not pay Sephora prices for the two.

I washed my hair as I usually do, poo'ed with Formula's By Ecoly Papaya Dry Hair Shampoo, Conditioned with Formula's Sage Detangling Conditioner. Got out. Added some Formula's Tri Wheat Leave-In and Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor and proceeded to blow dry, section by section. This is my normal regimen.

Did T3 blow dry my hair in 60% less time than usual, as the ads claim? No.
Did T3 leave my hair feeling softer and more moisturized than usual? Somewhat. A bit. It was noticeable, but not mind blowing.
Did T3 allow me to use less heat?! YES!!! With my old blow dryer, I was blow drying my hair on HIGH Heat (the highest setting), for about an hour and 20 minutes. With the T3, I can blow dry my entire head in about an hour, on LOW heat (the lowest heat setting...not the cool shot). I noticed with my old dryer, I started getting split ends, because I blow dry religiously. I'm interested in seeing if this will prevent the split ends I encountered before (I did cut off the split ends).

I also have the T3 Diffuser (it came free with the dryer). I haven't tried it yet...but when I do I will post.

As for the Flat Iron. I have used the Chi Ultra (Ceramic + Tourmaline iron). One heat setting (400 degrees). It worked wonders in about 40 minutes which was amazing.

The T3: it has variable heat settings, from 180 to 410. They did something smart and put these ridges on the TOP of the iron, so that if you're adding curls to your hair, your hair feeds through the ridges (like a comb) but not enough to cause snagging or breaking. I did not use ANY heat sprays when I did it (I was in Vegas and left 'em at home on accident).

The verdict: It straightened my hair in about an hour. My hair felt silky and smooth. I use the flat irons to add curls, and with the T3, my hair did not hold the curls as long as it did with the Chi. Between the T3 and the Chi, I liked the Chi better (again, this is the Chi Ceramic + Tourmaline). I LOVE the Ceramic Tourmaline combination, but think that for the $$$ the CHI does a much better job, resists heat and humidity and does not get at hot. Needless to say, I will be selling my T3 on ebay and buying another Chi (I returned it like a dumbass to experiment).

Verdicts:
T3 Evolution Blow Dryer = Keeper.
T3 Flat Iron (Duality, 1") = Not worth the money. Chi, FHI and Solia all make Ceramic + Tourmaline flat irons for less money, that work better in my opinion.

Hope this helps!!!!

Oh, I had the flat iron with the rounded plated called the "Dome" one from T3. I took that thing back witht he quickness! Snagged my hair tooooo much!

DulceKisses

High Fashion
Great reviw. Thanks for sharing! I have been comtemplating on purchasing some hair appliances lately and my two choices were T3 and Chi. With all I've heard including your review I think I'll go for the T3 blowdryer and the chi flat iron...

Now to just find a review on Johnathan's Shower filter, lol