I ordered Oyins Poo Bar and Honey Hemp Conditioner

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I am super duper excited to get my package this week. Has anyone recently (as in the last 3 months or so) used any of these products. How was it for you? The Honey Hemp got so many rave reviews from natchals on the Oyin site I couldn't resist.

I didn't order from Oyin though. I ordered from Curlmart, and after using the discount code "ivillage" my order was about $5 cheaper than ordering direct. I placed the order Sunday afternoon, the order shipped today. I haven't been this excited about a hair purchase in a long time :yep:

beautifulreality

I used my Honey Hemp Condish last Friday. It smells so good and it left my natural and relaxed hair super soft! I tried using it as a leave in and my hair was a little sticky though. :sad: But for everything else it is awesome! I hope you like it. I haven't tried the Poo Bar yet.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I used my Honey Hemp Condish last Friday. It smells so good and it left my natural and relaxed hair super soft! I tried using it as a leave in and my hair was a little sticky though. :sad: But for everything else it is awesome! I hope you like it. I haven't tried the Poo Bar yet.

I can't wait. Thanks for the review :yep:

Galadriel

I am super duper excited to get my package this week. Has anyone recently (as in the last 3 months or so) used any of these products. How was it for you? The Honey Hemp got so many rave reviews from natchals on the Oyin site I couldn't resist.

I didn't order from Oyin though. I ordered from Curlmart, and after using the discount code "ivillage" my order was about $5 cheaper than ordering direct. I placed the order Sunday afternoon, the order shipped today. I haven't been this excited about a hair purchase in a long time :yep:

I just ordered the honey hemp conditioner and the whipped (shea) pudding and I think something else (it was the sampler packet). I already own the whipped (shea) pudding and the burnt sugar pomade...oh yeah, and the Juice & Berries leave-in spray. I LOVE these products. Not only do they smell divine, but the whipped pudding can be used on both hair and body (it smells like chocolate :lick:), and the pomade I use for braid outs. A little goes a long way.
I like using the leave-in spray for detangling or before I brush.

Cheleigh

I enjoy this conditioner, and have repurchased. I actually prefer it as a leave-in though to a rinse out conditioner. I would repurchase again if it wasn't online only.

anon123

I got the sampler pack some time ago, which included the honey hemp, the Greg Juice (why do they have to call it that?), the Shine and Define, and the Whipped Pudding. Then I placed another order and got the full Honey Hemp conditioner, the Grand Poo Bar, and their natural antiperspirant. BTW, I am a 4b natural with hair hovering around APL.

I love the Honey Hemp. I use it as a leave in. A dollop in my hand mixed with a few drops of water, rub it in my hands, and smooth it in. It smells great, my favorite smelling product so far (close second, Karen's Body Beautiful coco lime scent). I like it because its consistency makes it easy to apply.

The Grand Poo Bar I don't like so much. Maybe I haven't gotten the hang of using a shampoo bar. It definitely is not stripping. But I can't figure out if it just doesn't get rid of buildup or if it's actually leaving its own. I'm scared it might actually be the latter. I don't use it much.

The Juices and Berries, which is the sweeter-smelling and nicer-named version of the Greg Juice, is something I also like. It and the Honey Hemp are the two products I will reorder from Oyin. It also is easy to apply, just spray on. And it smells good. Pretty light and the only thing I can apply to directly to my scalp w/o it itching.

The Whipped Pudding is nice, too. Smells like chocolate. I've used it as a detangler, for which I think it is better than the Honey Hemp or Juices and Berries. I think in terms of making your hair feel soft and pliable, it also lasts longer than the Honey Hemp or J&B. It's just too much of a hassle for me to apply because it's so thick so I have to go through my hair small section by small section in order to apply it properly.

The Shine and Define I haven't found much use for because I don't care about shiny and don't need a holding product. It smells somewhat similar to the Honey Hemp.

I got the unscented version of their antiperspirant, Funk Butter. I got unscented because others have reported irritation and I thought it would be less irritating. It does make your underarms itch and burn some time, I'm not sure when. It's not just right after a fresh shave for me. And it was a bad move to get the unscented because when the antiperspirant part stops working, which it does for me in not too long of a time, there's no deodorant part to kick in. So I don't use it much.

hth. Oyin is overall my favorite line.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I got the sampler pack some time ago, which included the honey hemp, the Greg Juice (why do they have to call it that?), the Shine and Define, and the Whipped Pudding. Then I placed another order and got the full Honey Hemp conditioner, the Grand Poo Bar, and their natural antiperspirant. BTW, I am a 4b natural with hair hovering around APL.

I love the Honey Hemp. I use it as a leave in. A dollop in my hand mixed with a few drops of water, rub it in my hands, and smooth it in. It smells great, my favorite smelling product so far (close second, Karen's Body Beautiful coco lime scent). I like it because its consistency makes it easy to apply.

The Grand Poo Bar I don't like so much. Maybe I haven't gotten the hang of using a shampoo bar. It definitely is not stripping. But I can't figure out if it just doesn't get rid of buildup or if it's actually leaving its own. I'm scared it might actually be the latter. I don't use it much.

The Juices and Berries, which is the sweeter-smelling and nicer-named version of the Greg Juice, is something I also like. It and the Honey Hemp are the two products I will reorder from Oyin. It also is easy to apply, just spray on. And it smells good. Pretty light and the only thing I can apply to directly to my scalp w/o it itching.

The Whipped Pudding is nice, too. Smells like chocolate. I've used it as a detangler, for which I think it is better than the Honey Hemp or Juices and Berries. I think in terms of making your hair feel soft and pliable, it also lasts longer than the Honey Hemp or J&B. It's just too much of a hassle for me to apply because it's so thick so I have to go through my hair small section by small section in order to apply it properly.

The Shine and Define I haven't found much use for because I don't care about shiny and don't need a holding product. It smells somewhat similar to the Honey Hemp.

I got the unscented version of their antiperspirant, Funk Butter. I got unscented because others have reported irritation and I thought it would be less irritating. It does make your underarms itch and burn some time, I'm not sure when. It's not just right after a fresh shave for me. And it was a bad move to get the unscented because when the antiperspirant part stops working, which it does for me in not too long of a time, there's no deodorant part to kick in. So I don't use it much.

hth. Oyin is overall my favorite line.

hmmmm, that is a interesting review. I am hoping that the issue is because you haven't gotten the hang of it yet :lachen::lachen::lachen: (please pretty please). I have big hopes for this bar and will be disappointed if I have the same concerns. My hair is really starting to despise any and all shampoo, it gets hard, dried out, etc even after one wash. I need to move away from them and find something to replace it. Are there any poo bars that sit well with you that you could recommend?

In any case i really appreciate your feedback. I will definitely update this post later on in the week after i've had a chance to use the two.

Thanks ladies for all the responses!!! Keep em coming pretty please :grin:

Jakibro

I loved that poo bar,it lathers really nice and smells good.I cant remember if i've tried that conditioner,But they have nice products!

JustKiya

I love, love, love, love Honey Hemp, and this thread reminds me that I need to go and buy more, like, right now. I don't use it as a condition though - only a leave-in. It's FAR too nice to rinse out.

I didn't like the Grand Poo Bar, at all. Keep in mind that I am a dedicated cowasher, and it just made my hair feel - funny. It does, however, make a WONDERFUL body soap - so if you don't like it, keep that in mind.

Burnt Sugar got me through a inbetween stage with my hair - for a while, it was the only thing that prevented my hairline from looking like I was freshly electrocuted. And it smells SO good...... I need to figure out a way to start using that again...

I LOVE the Whipped Pudding - though I find it a bit not moisturizing enough - the smell and the feel is fabulous. It's my after bath body butter, too. :lick: Dreamy.

Shine & Define - meh, didn't do much for me - but I've got mad henna bling, and I always wear my hair in protective styles, so I don't have anything to define. Mixing it with a equal amount of whipped pudding and some conditioner, though, it makes a freaking AMAZING two strand twist concoction.

I don't know what was up with my hair and the Greg Juice (I think it was named that after the dude who came up with the concoction), as I use something very similar but homemade concoction on a daily basis to keep my hair moist.

Urm. I've never tried the Funk Butter - I have Aromarant from LUSH, and I love it....I might have to try the Funk Butter, though.

Oyin. ROCKS.

Damn, I really need to go shopping.

Damn.

P

patient1

I love Honey Hemp condish. Not the Grand Poo Bar though. I washed up my body with it.

I never get tired of saying this. I lovvvvvve the Kiss This HoneyTint. Dayum I wish I could say that thing came from these two paws.

p1