I really need some help......puh-leese.

Hi,

I've been looking at this site since last summer and have just recently started to post on here and honestly am going a little crazy right now b/c I don't really know what to do w/ my hair at this point. :confused:

So I had my hair in braids for 1.5 years. I was really happy to hear about the Phytorelaxer and it seemed like an answer to all my prayers. Because of the braids my hair was the longest and thickest it had been. Used Phyto and it work fabulous.

Going by this website I was doing conditioner washers alot to keep my hair moisturized. But I didn't have a real set regimen and I didn't really thoroughly research what I needed to do w/ my hair.

Eventually my hair started to get real gummy and started coming out some. That's when I realized that I needed protein. Did some Emergencee treatments, used Keraphix (that didn't really work for me), did the garlic shampoo (that helped).

However when and what products to use has just confused me so much that at this point my hair is just looking so thin, I want to cry and my hair is dry and I don't know why really.

I think for awhile (judging by LHCF) I was doing too much protein so lately I've tried to fix my hair coming out problem by fixing it w/ moisture. I feel like there is just so much info coming at me that I just have been going crazy trying everything. But maybe I should have been doing protein!

I bought the Aubrey Organics, Got2Be (i think) Emergency 1 minute Soy protein, (i'm thinking these are not strong enought right?), I'm not sure if i should be using a leavin in conditioner with protein or without protein. Then there's to do a pre-poo evoo treatment or not?

When to use Porosity control or not? Do i need it every week? The Garlic shampoo seemed to help stop shedding then should I use it every weekS.

What about ACV rinses? is that ENOUGH alone to clarify? And now I'm learning that you need an acid shampoo to help w/ porosity. Is this the same as Porosity Control (a low PH conditioner) or not?

I'm sorry I don't mean to have people answer all these questions, (although you can if you want:)

What I'm trying to get at is how do you guys make your way through all of this info? I understand the whole trial and error thing but I don't think my hair can handle that right now!!

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it!

jackie1277 said:
Hi,

I've been looking at this site since last summer and have just recently started to post on here and honestly am going a little crazy right now b/c I don't really know what to do w/ my hair at this point. :confused:

So I had my hair in braids for 1.5 years. I was really happy to hear about the Phytorelaxer and it seemed like an answer to all my prayers. Because of the braids my hair was the longest and thickest it had been. Used Phyto and it work fabulous.

Going by this website I was doing conditioner washers alot to keep my hair moisturized. But I didn't have a real set regimen and I didn't really thoroughly research what I needed to do w/ my hair.

Eventually my hair started to get real gummy and started coming out some. That's when I realized that I needed protein. Did some Emergencee treatments, used Keraphix (that didn't really work for me), did the garlic shampoo (that helped).

However when and what products to use has just confused me so much that at this point my hair is just looking so thin, I want to cry and my hair is dry and I don't know why really.

I think for awhile (judging by LHCF) I was doing too much protein so lately I've tried to fix my hair coming out problem by fixing it w/ moisture. I feel like there is just so much info coming at me that I just have been going crazy trying everything. But maybe I should have been doing protein!

I bought the Aubrey Organics, Got2Be (i think) Emergency 1 minute Soy protein, (i'm thinking these are not strong enought right?), I'm not sure if i should be using a leavin in conditioner with protein or without protein. Then there's to do a pre-poo evoo treatment or not?

When to use Porosity control or not? Do i need it every week? The Garlic shampoo seemed to help stop shedding then should I use it every weekS.

What about ACV rinses? is that ENOUGH alone to clarify? And now I'm learning that you need an acid shampoo to help w/ porosity. Is this the same as Porosity Control (a low PH conditioner) or not?

I'm sorry I don't mean to have people answer all these questions, (although you can if you want:)

What I'm trying to get at is how do you guys make your way through all of this info? I understand the whole trial and error thing but I don't think my hair can handle that right now!!

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it!

i'm pretty new myself and it's been a challenge absorbing all of the great info available to you. i try to do the basics (shampoo & condition once a week, alternating weekly deep conditioner) i like to try one new product at a time, finishing out a shampoo/conditioner (unless my hair really doesn't like it). i guess it really is trial and error but it may take you awhile to find the perfect combo.

Like most of us, you got overwhelmed and tried to do too much without seeing how any one thing was working (or not) for you.

Have you clarified at all since starting the co-washes? If not, try that before making another assessment on what your hair may need. If it's still gummy or overly soft and stretchy, you may need a good protein treatment. I don't know anything about Emergencee or Keraphix, but I have successfully used Aphogee as a protein reconstructor. Just be sure to follow the instructions exactly, and use a good moisturizing conditioner immediately afterwards. Cut down on your co-washes a bit and try to style your hair in ways that don't require much manipulation, especially pulling or stretching.

Another (less likely) thing to consider is that your hair may be overprocessed from the relaxer being left on too long.

Hey
Sorry about the probs you are going through. Im natural and so really can't offer advice as such but from what you are saying it sounds as though your issue isn't protein or lack of since you say your hair is coming out and not breaking off.
In tha past when i have done the baggie method (or tried) I found my hair didn't like it at all and would come out in full lengths - i put it down to my hair being in a weakened damp state for several days.
i would suggest you clarify either with a detox shampoo or acv or even lemonade (I think Den1 has instructions on her fotki)
then do a deep condition (i do mine without heat) and allow your hair to dry naturally in ponytail if need be.
I think you may be able to receieve better guidance/info if you post your regime.

hth

Uzz

Back