I relaxed... again for the 4th time!

Bellamystic

Prior to relaxing my hair I was natural for 1 year and 4 months. I relaxed 3 days ago because although I was achieving great growth, the longer my hair became, the more tangled it became and the less I was retaining length. I remembered the last time I was relaxed my hair was thriving and I was retaining quite well, it was just the thickness I was lacking. I now know why I was lacking thickness...

I was not putting protein back into my hair. This time around, since growth is not an issue with me, I will be deep conditioning every so often. When I chopped my hair off last year, I was 9 inches. Imagine where I would have been this year! Anyways, I'm not stressing over it, I'm just smarter about it this time around.

By the way, I love my hair now that it is relaxed. Natural was good, but once I hit a certain length, I wasn't retaining as much. Also, once I relaxed, I realized my hair was much longer than I thought it was. I deep conditioned the day before my relaxer and after the relaxer. Now, I have in a partial weave for protective styling. I will stretch for 12 weeks and deep condition the part of my hair that is left out in the weave every 2 weeks and do a full-head once I take my weave down. I love my hair, I'm glad I relaxed.

Last edited:

Evolving78

glad you found what works for you! now young lady, you know what we need right? i'll come back later for the photo shoot! :lachen:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
You did a great job! As long as you are happy with your hair, we're happy for you!:yep: How long did you transition? Your hair is really long!:blush:

Bellamystic

You did a great job! As long as you are happy with your hair, we're happy for you!:yep: How long did you transition? Your hair is really long!:blush:

No, it's a weave! lol I wasn't really transitioning, but I decided to relax after 1 years and 4 months because I stopped retaining length and actually lost some hair in the process of being natural.

NikkiQ

Congrats lady! Glad you're happy with your hair and back on your HHJ as a lovely relaxed lady. Your install is beautiful and the hair you left out looks shiny and healthy!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700