I stopped taking Biotin and Now my Hair is Breaking

mika vs sasha

I've been taking Biotin daily for about 9 months now. I stopped taking the pills about a month ago and now my hair is breaking. I've never had so much breakage before, and this is the only thing I've changed in my routine. Has anybody else stopped taking Biotion and noticed and breakage. You better believe I'm off to the store in the morning.

MizaniMami

Seriously,

I HIGHLY doubt that the absence of biotin will make your hair break. Maybe if you said shedding I would be more prone to say yeah it's the biotin.

Biotin has NO effect on the strand of the hair.

The only thing that can make the actual hair *strand* break off is too much of something or not enough of something.

Do you heat style? Get enough moisture? Enough protein??

mika vs sasha

Mizani Mami-
I use heat once a month and that's just under a hooded dryer with a roller set. Other than that I do wash n go, maybe you're right and it's not enough protein, I feel like I have a good balance of moisture. I'll try some emergencee tonight and see what happens over the next week. I hope I see less breaking. I just assumed it was the biotion b/c that's the only thing I really changed. I feel better knowing that it's not breaking b/c of a dependency to vitamins. Thanks for your help, you rock! * I hate the fact that we can't do a search.