I stopped using creme moisturizers in my hair =)

Which do you prefer to texturize?

• Yes, it's a must for my hair.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occasionaly, but I don't depend on them.

• No, I don't use creme moisturizers.

• Yes

• No, not yet

• n/a

• Total voters
Re: I stopped using creme moisturizers in my hair

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Juju - does the alcohol from the Biosilk Silk Therapy bother you? Apparently, your hair is doing well with this product. I just learned that it contained alcohol and that scared me away from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had nothing but success with this product. For a second I got scared about the alchohol too, but I stuck with it and I haven't had any issues. It's weird because this is the healthiest my hair has ever been and I'm not even using a real moisturizer! I use the most Biosilk right before I flat iron, and let me tell you...This is a marraige made in heaven! Then the rest of the week, I'll use at MOST a little less than a dime sized portion each day. As far as the alchohol goes, I just make sure I shake well before I use it.

Biosilk was actually introduced to me by my stylist. She was the one that said to quit putting a bunch of moiturizers in and only use that. I looked at her like she was crazy! But it worked!

After Pink Moisturizer..I don't mess w/ any creme moisturizers....I use leave ins almost exclusively and maybe a little oil but that is it..I feel like a good conditioner/oil treatment should leave you with enough moisture to carry my hair for at least a week...so far it is working well for me...and I have no regrets about tossing the cream based moisturizers...

NTM serum is my biosilk right now.
smile.gif

JuJu - I'm glad you had luck with the BioSilk - it dried my hair out something fierce! I had to stop using it.

As for creme moisturizers, I had to stop using them (water based) because they dried my hair out bad too. Right now I'm using Aveda's anti-humectant pomade with avocado oil as an everyday moisturizer (until I bring my hair back to life from the Silk Therapy)

Kedra

<font color="purple">I use the coconut milk mixture as a leave in along with my Vive Smooth Intense Serum last night. I can tell you off hand that my hair isn't frizzy and felt so moisturized. I have my hair in braids, but in the front for right now. I'm going to continue with this until I really see my hair getting smooth and silky. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
My hair likes creamy moisturizers and creamy leave-in conditioners.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO. I don't have a problem with smell, but then I wash every 3 to 4 days. I only use after washing to rollerset and do NOT use anything in between washes.

I'm starting to notice that my hair tends to be a little dry after using creme moisturizers. They tend to work great on wet and damp hair, but after the hair is completely dry, it's a different story.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
What shampoos and conditioners do you use that are so moisturizing that you don't need a creamy moisturizer? Inquiring minds want to know!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Sassygirl &amp; Ms Kenesha, I found this perfect shampoo called AVEDA Curressence that I use once in a while when I shampoo--I'm starting to use it all the time though
sekret.gif
. It's a great cleanser/detangler and doesn't make my hair feel hard or lacking moisture. I actually feel like I'm washing moisture INTO my hair and taking the impuirities OUT. I think it also helps my conditioners 'take' even better
smile.gif
. I'll also try to rub castor or Alma into my hair the night b/4 washing, and use VO5 or Pantene conditioner after, or Suave conditioners for condition-washes only.

Hey Devi,
It's always interesting what happens when you take out a certain product. I know I have always been a product junkie, always putting atleast 4 different products in my hair after washing, and atlest 2 each day after that. It was a relief for my hair to quit the creme moisturizers. Tell us how your experiment went!

queenofmean68,
Same thing with my hair--very fine and tight curls. Now, I've found that I can get shine and locked-in moisture from doing pre-oil treatments, mixing oil in my conditioner, or rubbing a thick oil over the conditioner. When I rinse it out, my hair never comes out feeling dry anymore (and that used to be my biggest problem)!

I guess we could say that fine hair requires less product??

Shinka,
your hair looks beautiful with a face to match, your regimen must be working out well for you
wink.gif

Aisha (love that name
smile.gif
),
I feel you with the Pink Moisturizer... man, that must have been the worst moisturizer, for my hair that is. I'm sure there are other women who love the stuff. It was just too sticky for me. It was my fam's only moisturizer growing up so I had no choice
grin.gif

I'm still trying to find the balance between dyring moisturizers and oily moisturizers that just sit on my hair. Right now, I apply products when my hair is damp fromw washing to seal in the moisture, but the next say, my hair is dry again. And most things just seem to sit on my hry hair instead of being soaked up.

I've stopped using the olove oil lotion after I went without it. My hair was way softer for some reason, and the curls had much more body and bounce. I like it more without the moisturizer... only s-curl from now on!

I dunno what I'm going to do with the bottle now!

You're welcome, Sassygirl
smile.gif

Devi, that's the thing I like the most, my hair has more life to it without the thick creme moisturizers. I have a lot I'm trying to trade or sell real soon myself
wink.gif

Back