I think I have figured it out!-->SHS

Kurlee

I realize that some stylists translate fuzzy ends with damage. I went to a stylist to get my hair "blown out". It was blown out the week before for a trim and throughout the week it started reverting plus i got it a little wet in the shower by accident. The stylist saw my hair and the first thing she said is: U need a trim:look::wallbash:. :ohwell:

I told her I had jus got a major trim and when its bone straight, the ends are perfect. She kinda looked at me like :lachen:. Truss me my ends are in top shape, especially after that major trim, LAST WEEK!. But if i'm natural 4a and my hair is reverting and it got wet, would it not be puffy, fuzzy curly?:wallbash: I've heard this before, as soon as they see fuzz, u need a trim. This visit reminded me of why I don't go to sylists. However, I still need to find a trimming solution and need to work on my striaghtening skills.

Last edited:

zora

I realize that some stylists translate fuzzy ends with damage. I went to a stylist to get my hair "blown out". It was blown out the week before for a trim and throughout the week it started reverting plus i got it a little wet in the shower by accident. The stylist saw my hair and the first thing she said is: U need a trim:look::wallbash:. :ohwell:

I told her I had jus got a major trim and when its bone straight, the ends are perfect. She kinda looked at me like :lachen:. Truss me my ends are in top shape, especially after that major trim. But if i'm natural 4a and my hair is reverting and it got wet, would it not be puffy, fuzzy curly?:wallbash: I've heard this before, as soon as they see fuzz, u need a trim. This visit reminded me of why I don't go to sylists. However, I still need to find a trimming solution and need to work on my striaghtening skills.

Yes, yes and yes! I don't know how many times I've had to fight with a stylist NOT to trim my ends because it was frizzy. Sheesh!

Stylists are so focused on having sharp ends, they forget the purpose of a trim. It's to get rid of split ends (and for some people, it's to keep hair even)

If I don't have split ends, and I don't want my hair even straight across, keep dem scissors away from me!!!!!!!:wallbash:

mzhotniz86

girl me too!! there are a couple of threads on flat ironing the hair to get it straight. my problem is trim. my hair looks a mess right now and i hate getting it trimmed. i do everything i can to keep my ends neat but right now , they look a tiny bit frayed. its like i havent seen ANY growth cause every time i go this stylist, i need a trim. so i need to learn how to trim and dust it myself. my new goal for '08 :) i wanna see some progress darnit!!!! *sorry to vent and hijack your thread*

Spongie Bloom

i just trimmed/dusted my own hair i dont trust a stylist with a scissors near my hair i think i did a good job for my first time :yep:

Determined22

I told her I had jus got a major trim and when its bone straight, the ends are perfect. She kinda looked at me like :lachen:. Truss me my ends are in top shape, especially after that major trim. But if i'm natural 4a and my hair is reverting and it got wet, would it not be puffy, fuzzy curly?:wallbash: I've heard this before, as soon as they see fuzz, u need a trim. This visit reminded me of why I don't go to sylists. However, I still need to find a trimming solution and need to work on my striaghtening skills.

Yup, I just came to this conclusion myself. I started really looking at my hair, and I noticed that I didn't have any split ends, but my ends weren't bone straight. I think I'mma get a relaxer in a couple weeks, and I will not let her trim my ends.