Seems like I knew it all along....

My Friend

or atleast some of it.

I could :deadhorse: my won a$$ for not having the courage to follow through on what I thought was right.

Frenemy/Stylist: Why do you wear that tucked ponytail (BUN) all the time? You need a style {Fried, Dyed and Laid to the Side}

Frenemy/Stylist: You still put that Care Free Curl on your hair? You got a Curl? Girl, you need to get with it. {Pink Oil Lotion}

Frenemy/Stylist: Your hair is not going to grow if you dont trim it. {Almost shoulder length again -from my tucked ponytail and Care Free Curl- goes to neck length, AGAIN :wallbash: }

Stylist: Your hair takes forever to dry, it holds water, you got that bad hair, but Imma fix it{Now I use Roux to unfix it }:wallbash:

Stylist: Girl, I aint got time to let that nuetralizer sit on your hair for 5 minutes, I got people waiting. I've been doin hair for years and yo hair goin be alright.:wallbash:

Stylist: No. I'm not washing it out yet! You need to burn for awhile, shouldna been scratching it. :wallbash:

Stylist: You ain't got no good hair. You need that relaxer all over you head again.

Stylist: No. I can't hold your hair at the bottom when I comb it (detangling with a rat tooth comb), you shouldnt be so tenderheaded. :wallbash:

Stylist: Nah,do you want ME to do your hair or you want to do your hair?:wallbash:

Braider: I need to braid it that tight or it won't come out right.:wallbash:

Braider: You look pretty with china doll eyes {To tight braids}:wallbash:

Braider: Take 2 Advils, you'll be alright.:wallbash:

I would put grease and water on the ends and roll it. I had no idea I was sealing my hair, I knew it grew when I did it but like the Stylist said I need to trim{CUT:wallbash:} so it will grow.

Can anyone relate?

complexsimplicity

Nothin to add but I'm glad you figured it out. It's amazing who they let have cosmetology licenses. These chicks ain't got no business bein up in somebody elses head. :nono:

My Friend

The funny thing about is that I normally can "Hold my Own" and back in the day I had a "Mouth" but for some reason when I got in that chair, I was like a .....well.....wuss.:look:

Last edited:

ms.blue

WOW, I have heard a lot of those things especially the relaxer burning & the braiding the hair tight. Sometimes these stylist don't know s**t about haircare. They do that stuff to mess w/ your head so you keep coming back to them.:nono:

or atleast some of it.

I could :deadhorse: my won a$$ for not having the courage to follow through on what I thought was right.

Frenemy/Stylist: Why do you wear that tucked ponytail (BUN) all the time? You need a style {Fried, Dyed and Laid to the Side}

Frenemy/Stylist: You still put that Care Free Curl on your hair? You got a Curl? Girl, you need to get with it. {Pink Oil Lotion}

Frenemy/Stylist: Your hair is not going to grow if you dont trim it. {Almost shoulder length again -from my tucked ponytail and Care Free Curl- goes to neck length, AGAIN :wallbash: }

Stylist: Your hair takes forever to dry, it holds water, you got that bad hair, but Imma fix it{Now I use Roux to unfix it }:wallbash:

Stylist: Girl, I aint got time to let that nuetralizer sit on your hair for 5 minutes, I got people waiting. I've been doin hair for years and yo hair goin be alright.:wallbash:

Stylist: No. I'm not washing it out yet! You need to burn for awhile, shouldna been scratching it. :wallbash:

Stylist: You ain't got no good hair. You need that relaxer all over you head again.

Stylist: No. I can't hold your hair at the bottom when I comb it (detangling with a rat tooth comb), you shouldnt be so tenderheaded. :wallbash:

Stylist: Nah,do you want ME to do your hair or you want to do your hair?:wallbash:

I would put grease and water on the ends and roll it. I had no idea I was sealing my hair, I knew it grew when I did it but like the Stylist said I need to trim{CUT:wallbash:} so it will grow.

Can anyone relate?

stelladata

lmao yup I can relate. I do my own hair now , but it always seems like I have bad luck with other people doing anything for me, it's that serious to the point where i do my eyebrows myself, my nails, wax almost everything.. I havent been to any salon in years except for when I decided to finally get a perm, and that alone, the lady was persistent on making sure my hair came out pin straight ahahah.. I couldnt have ran faster, I only went there because her price was cheaper than the 10 other places I tried, it was until i sat down and she started slathering all that mizani in my hair and talking about ' ohh girl we gonna have your hair pin straight' that i glanced over my shoulder and took a good look at everybody in the salon... ahahaha you already know. You can almost tell if a salon is good or not by it's clients.

*CherryPie*

"No. I'm not washing it out yet! You need to burn for awhile, shouldna been scratchin it"

That's crazy! Why do you need to burn?!?!

Why does she feel like it's her job to teach you a lesson?

.........all of it is just some crazy mess!!

My Friend

or atleast some of it.

Can anyone relate?

This was not the same stylist or braider. I would go to a different one after the previous one did one of the things listed above. At times I was unable to retain any length because I didnt know how to take care of my hair. I would suffer and get braids and leave them in until they were hanging on by a thread (yeah, that was me :rolleyes:)

babayred_86

I know the dreaded trim/chop all too well. The stylist i went to when i was little was great when it came to keeping you hair healthy, but oh man would she go crazy with scissors. My mom had to go with me because i would always cry when it was trim time.

Whimsy

That stylist was just an ENEMY.
I'm glad you wisened up. Sorry it happened in the first place.
....some of those things were kinda funny tho hehe...

locabouthair

I can't believe that a stylist said that stuff. You need to let it burn? Seriously? Thats why I stopped going to the salon for perms because they dont want to take the time to neutralize properly.

lamaria211

too funny also very sad so many of us lived by those same rules once apon atime and ALOT of people still do (my step Mom) hehe i dont like her

Vashti

I can definitely relate to the last three! I had some the most ghetto braiding stylists you ever saw. My hair used to be on and poppin' when I had it braided but I could never see any progress because of those things. :grin:

Last edited:

darlingdiva

There is a stylist I went to in Orlando who uses this. She says if its burning that means it working...

@ the underlined: I don't know what's up w/ that. When my mother used to get perms, the stylist would ask her if it was burning. If my mother said no, the stylist would walk away until it "burned."

ebonylocs

@ the underlined: I don't know what's up w/ that. When my mother used to get perms, the stylist would ask her if it was burning. If my mother said no, the stylist would walk away until it "burned."

Oh, I've definitely heard stylists and others say it got to burn to work.
Don't these people know you're not trying to straighten your scalp?

aquajoyice

Oh yeah-

Stylist: I'm going to give you a trim to even your hair up a bit (3" later) You might as well keep your hair looking healthy since it will never get longer than shoulder length anyway.

Yeah, I've had quote a few run ins with Stylist.