:::I Think I Made it - small Update:::

Anew

I'm a pretty slow grower so eh... But I think I see a difference here.

I got my hair done today, I'm like 3 months post I guess. My last relaxer was July 31, 2009 and I'm currently transitioning to natural. I've decided whenever I go see my beautician, I'll be washed and detangled before we see each other. My head took a beating today. I'll just let her blowdry and straighten it for me in the salon. I was in at 1 and left at 2:15 today, she washed and deep conditioned, blow dried and flat ironed my hair, no trim needed. Yay! The last time heat was applied was in August but just for a length check, I was trying to do something...

So anyway I think I'm APL but just barely. I won't claim it until I'm full APL, but still its progress. So these 3 pics show my progress from July 2008 to today, November 2009. Hopefully I'll see full APL by next month. Wow that's not much time now that I think about it, lol..

July 5, 2008

July 31, 2009

November 4, 2009

Last edited:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Girl you better go ahead and claim APL, you look there to me. Nice progress keep it up.

Anew

Yeah I'm looking at the points on my shoulder blades, lol.. I notice the growth.

I guess now I'll measure by the mole on my arm, lmao

Amerie123

girl, you are def APL, no doubt about that. congrats on your progress!! :clap:
OT: why in the last pic you didn't just comb it all down?

Anew

Great progress! Whats your reggie?
Probably nothing that would interest the lot of you :grin:

I'm a bore when it comes to my hair. I wash maybe twice a month with shampoo and do cowashes like once a week, maybe twice. Lately I've only been DC'n like twice a month. But I wash in two sections, I part my hair down the middle and wash that way.

DC on dry hair
Wash out DC in shower
Shampoo
Condition and put on shower cap then bathe, lol
wash out conditioner and braid two plaits
Wring dry and I'll add Rusk leave in or ORS carrot oil
Add coconut or EVOO to ends and tie my hair up

The next morning I pin those two braids in the back. That's what I've been doing the last two months out of sheer laziness. Or I'll wear my hair like you see in my avi.

Anew

girl, you are def APL, no doubt about that. congrats on your progress!! :clap:
OT: why in the last pic you didn't just comb it all down?
I did and took a pic of that, but it was so much going on in that pic, my son kept running in and out of the room I just said forget it.

Barbie83

looks APL to me, but I'm in the same boat as you (same length) so I can definitely understand wanting to wait until I feel that I'm FULLY there before posting my progress. But your hair looks healthy and long, and i love to see progress! You've done a great job :yep:

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
What you talking about not claiming APL? :scratchch You're OVER APL! About an inch over for that matter :yep: Congrats!