I thought curl activator was the answer to my dreams..

HairQueen

..until I stepped outside yesterday in the snow. (It wasn't snowing but there was thick snow on the ground).

I was outside for only 20 mins and when I returned home my hair was completely wet and soggy..before I stepped out the house my freshly washed and dried hair was looking full and thick and nice.

I was so excited as my hair is very porus and NOTHING moisturises it enough, I am trying to grow out my layers which break at lightning speed..so I when I tried the curl activator I was soo pleased as my hair felt AMAZING, lovely soft and moisturized.

I am relaxed 4a/b can I not use it and have straight hair then? I am guessing the answer is no..:sad:

HairQueen

Bump..has anyone else expereinced wet soggy hair with curl activator and a relaxer?

Any tips - maybe I used too much?

Cherokee-n-Black

I've never tried this while I had a relaxer, but I'm guessing that the glycerine in the activator caused your hair to draw the moisture from the air into your hair.

Fyne

I use activator, but never tried to use it as an every day moisturiser as it is quite heavy! Usually use it deep into a stretch when the ng gets dry i.e wet bunning, curly styles and when I generally need the extra moisture.

ChasingBliss

When I was using S Curl on relaxed hair it was when I was bunning 100% of the time. I never saw it for any other reason. It was just very wet moisture. Perfect for bunning only.

StarScream35

Althought I switched from S Curl to Wave Nouveau (WN), I still can relate. This has happened to me but in the summer when it was very humid. My hair would be looking and feeling fine but I just wanted to add a little S Curl to make sure it was getting the right amount of moisture since my hair has always been moisture deprived. I'd hit the town with girlfriends and of course we'd be outside because of all the nice weather. I'd reach up and my hair would feel damp and mushy. It was really gross. I also learned that hair that is too moist is prone to breakage so I had to cut back on the amount of S-Curl and now WN because of the amount of glycerine. It's good stuff just make sure you don't overdo it. I'm using WN to grow out my kitchens and its working like a charm!

IMFOCSD

When I was using S Curl on relaxed hair it was when I was bunning 100% of the time. I never saw it for any other reason. It was just very wet moisture. Perfect for bunning only.

I agree with this...its a very good moisturizer but only for PSing..

Evolving78

piggybacking here! yes it is only good for bunning on relaxed hair. i wouldn't even use it for braidouts, twistouts, ponytails, etc... it will just draw in moisture( not in a good way).

Nonie

I don't even think there has to be moisture in the air for it to not let your hair be straight. Curl activator is first and foremost "water moisture" so it'd be like wetting your hair anyway so if your hair doesn't stay straight when wet then it won't stay straight with curl acvtivator on it.

Shelew

I just started using Scurl this weekend and it has been great for wearing my hair in a ponytail/bun! With me having thin hair it made my hair thicker looking so I was happy with that and no sogginess yet only finally moisturized hair. I was hoping if I wear hair down in the future I would be able to sneak a little on for additional thickness but it may backfire in the wrong way! Lol