I thought Monoi de Tahiti was going to smell GOOD!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
But it doesn't!:sad: It smells kinda pukey. Nothing like the sweet floral scent I had in my dreams for years. I was so confident it was gonna smell good that I bought a full sized bottle instead of a sample.

I had read reviews on this oil for years and I always wanted it. The reviews always always raved on how great it smelled....:ohwell: Trying to figure out what to do with this stuff now. Maybe add a fragrance oil to it....but a fragrance oil on top of something I already find funky is only gonna equal sweet smell w/funky undertones.:sad:

Anyway, pointless thread but I feel better having gotten that out.:yawn:

Allandra

I wonder if you got a bad batch.

But it doesn't!:sad: It smells kinda pukey. Nothing like the sweet floral scent I had in my dreams for years. I was so confident it was gonna smell good that I bought a full sized bottle instead of a sample.

I had read reviews on this oil for years and I always wanted it. The reviews always always raved on how great it smelled....:ohwell: Trying to figure out what to do with this stuff now. Maybe add a fragrance oil to it....but a fragrance oil on top of something I already find funky is only gonna equal sweet smell w/funky undertones.:sad:

Anyway, pointless thread but I feel better having gotten that out.:yawn:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Whew! And I had this in my cart, and was ready to buy it last month...but changed my mind and went with some perfume oils instead. Thank goodness!

amberangel4u

Did you purchase "from nature with love"? I purchased some and thought it smelled rancid. I sent a letter and they replied back that is what pure monoi smells like. I also read a few other comments that they were concerned with the smell. I am wondering if other companies add perfume to mask or enhance the smell.

Britt

U prob got a bad batch bc I've ordered several bottles in the past and they smelt really good. I love the scent of their coconut :love:, the vanilla is nice too. For very scented hair, that's a good oil to go with.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

MusicandWine

I use the vanilla frangrance, this one:

I love the smell, I never wanted to try the regular scent though... I didn't think it would smell great for some reason. But the vanilla fragrance is sooo yummy, sometimes I open the bottle just to smell it.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I got it from Anita Grant. I was sure it was gonna smell divine from there. Umm yea, I smell nothing like coconut or flowers. It's hard to describe but it has a puke'ish smell to it. I can only imagine what it will smell like in my hair. Plain CO starts to stink in my hair after awhile which us why I wanted something scented but still have the benefits of coconut oil.

I'm just gonna try and scent my own.

Tiye

Real monoi does smell good. :) The kind in the bottle pictured above is the only official monoi. It's the one with the seal of appellation and I like most scents. I don't care so much for sandalwood but that's personal preference not that it smells bad. To be honest fnwl monoi is not the real deal - I've had that and I agree it does not smell good.

greenandchic

I use the vanilla frangrance, this one:

I love the smell, I never wanted to try the regular scent though... I didn't think it would smell great for some reason. But the vanilla fragrance is sooo yummy, sometimes I open the bottle just to smell it.

I LOVE this one. Its hard to find on the ground, but when I do...:lick:

Eisani

Yep, I use/love the one above with Vanilla. I love it on my body in the summer as well...glowy, light and vanilla scented :lick:.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
what?!

the anita grant one is the shizzzzzzzzzz!!! it's not even baby daddy it's hubby :lachen:

Wth happen to mine then :-( It's not even close to smelling good. I wonder should I contact her? I waisted a lot of money for just some scented coconut oil.

Last edited:

Pompous Blue

I still have half a bottle I bought from Anita Grant Oct '10 and it smells good to me. Got DH to smell it and he gave his seal of approval (he has a very sensitive nose and can smell anything). The expiration date on my bottle is Jan 2013.

empressri

Wth happen to mine then :-( It's not even close to smelling good. I wonder should I contact her? I waisted a lot of money for just some scented coconut oil.

I mean...I've ordered more than one bottle from her and they all smell the same. Maybe you just aren't keen on the scent and there's nothing wrong with the oil. She bottles everything herself so I can't see her sending you something rancid.

luckiestdestiny

wait. the vanilla one...is that just a hair fragrance or an oil? And what kind of oil is it? I could use a nice smelling oil that's good for my hair

Dogmd

I just ran out of mine, got a bunch from Country Meadow bath and body supplies in 2009 ..whom are now out of business cause I can't find them....:nono:

Anyone got any links on where to get this oil, I can't be out of this stuff. It's heavenly!

Thanks