I took my hair down from a bun in front of my older YT coworker and...

LadyChe

she said, in the sweetest voice, "You mean all that is really yours? I thought you had one of those piecy things in all thistime."
Me: No it's all mine. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Her: /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Wow it's longer than I thought. Can I touch it? (proceeding to reach for tresses)
Me: Why? /images/graemlins/whip.gif (snatching hair back and preparing to re-bun at any second - also 6 weeks post relaxer... dangerous times)
Her: Well I know what pieces feel like, but I've never felt... (pauses, rethinks statement /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif ) Well, your hair looks very nice today.

Me: Thanks! (in sweetest voice ever) /images/graemlins/look.gif

I couldn't decide whether to be mad because she thought my hair was fake, or to laugh because she wanted to see what "real" hair felt like. What did she think it was going to feel like? Spaghetti? Alfalfa sprouts? Barbed Wire? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

And who would have thought she'd know what a "piecy thing" was? /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif at her saying "piecy thing"...

I wonder what she would have said if you asked her why she thought your hair was fake! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

When I lived in LA some years ago, a man who was standing behind me in the check-out line at the grocery store grabbed a handful of my hair (BSL, curled and thick) and pulled it. I was only 22 at the time and new to the area, so, of course, I was shocked beyond words (and a little afraid). /images/graemlins/shocked.gif He smiled at me innocently and said that he just had to know if it was real. I smiled back, weakly, and hurriedly checked out and left. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I wouldn't have been mad, but I would have been like you and not let her touch my hair, either /images/graemlins/smile.gif. You saying YT is cracking me up...I have a friend who calls says "25/20s" (Y being the 25th letter and T being the 20th) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:
/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I wouldn't have been mad, but I would have been like you and not let her touch my hair, either /images/graemlins/smile.gif. You saying YT is cracking me up...I have a friend who calls says "25/20s" (Y being the 25th letter and T being the 20th) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
aaaaaaa hahahahahhaha ahahahhahahahahah!!! Too Funny!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Re: I took my hair down from a bun in front of my older YT coworker an

That is funny LadyChe. I wouldn't be mad though.

Now ssb, I would have been mad at the man in the store pulling my hair. I would have been like WTF????

Dreem I about to start using that 25/20s That is too funny.

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have soooo stolen this and passed on to my crew...we were looking for a new code for people lacking pigment (PLP's)

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have soooo stolen this and passed on to my crew...we were looking for a new code for people lacking pigment (PLP's)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I like PLP's too. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
KAddy said:
[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif Me too! Yall are crazy!

plp's! 25/20s!

I have a friend that calls them MCs - melanin challenged... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:
[ QUOTE ]
KAddy said:
[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif Me too! Yall are crazy!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is WAYYYY OT but we call em' napkins!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

Ummmm, not American so I'm a bit lost. What's YT or 25/20s? /images/graemlins/look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
Ummmm, not American so I'm a bit lost. What's YT or 25/20s? /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Refers to White people
YT = Whitey
25/20's = someone else explained that the numbers stand for the letter in the alphabet, Y being the 25th letter and T being the 20th letter.

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif You guys are priceless /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks Kaddy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i wouldn't be mad. we have our own people asking us. so why not 25/20? /images/graemlins/rofl.gif just taking it like she was saying "your hair looks so healthy, it's gotta be fake!" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:

[/ QUOTE ]
aaaaaaa hahahahahhaha ahahahhahahahahah!!! Too Funny!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
co-signing. /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlover said:
[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
co-signing. /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK!!! This was too funny!!!

my friend and I call them pinktoes or blancas/blancos.

I never knew they had soo many names! I wonder what they call us!!
2/11s BK=Black ?!!!
/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

/images/graemlins/confused.gif uhhh, this may sound kinda dumb, but, what is a 'YT'? lol

I asked too Vickie..scroll up it's explained /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ssb said:
When I lived in LA some years ago, a man who was standing behind me in the check-out line at the grocery store grabbed a handful of my hair (BSL, curled and thick) and pulled it. I was only 22 at the time and new to the area, so, of course, I was shocked beyond words (and a little afraid). /images/graemlins/shocked.gif He smiled at me innocently and said that he just had to know if it was real. I smiled back, weakly, and hurriedly checked out and left. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would have drop kicked him right there in the checkout line. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I bet you were shocked!!

To me it seemed like the lady was going to go onto say "But i never felt a black person's hair before" but she stopped herself short and said something else. LOL

Oh ladies...the terms are cracking me up! I cannot believe I have never heard of any of these. I may have to keep these in my memory bank.

candycane

You ladies made my day!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

Oh My - I've been sad all day - until I read this thread. I have two new codes! 25/20s and MCs - :lachen: :grin: :lachen: :rofl:

My first visit to LA, my hair was alot longer then. I didn't get compliments on my hair, the women kept asking me where did I get my lips done... : :confused: I have full lips....talk about :perplexed then when I said I was born with them, they were like :eek: :lachen: This is abit off subject, but they don't seem to have a clue! :lachen: U guys are so funny!

Back