I transitioned w/o the BC for 2.5 years! Upclose and PIC heavy..the way we like it ;)

Re: I transitioned w/o the BC for 2.5 years! Upclose and PIC heavy..the way we like i

I transitioned with sew ins and when I first started wearing my hair out, it looks like a completely different head of hair compared to how loosely my hair hangs now.

Re: I transitioned w/o the BC for 2.5 years! Upclose and PIC heavy..the way we like i

Congrats on your progress, beautiful hair! It's also good to see other long term transitioners in this thread. I was a 3 yr transitioner and keeping it simple is very important :yep: I love products, lots and lots of products, but my process was and still is very simple. Again, congrats!

Last edited:

Gorgeous hair! I just made the decision to transition long term a few days ago, so to see your thread is so encouraging! Thanks for giving me hope!!

Gorgeous!!! Congratulations on all the growth!!!

gorgeous hair, thanks for posting! this is right on time, i plan on transitioning for about two years and i'm just 7 months in. today is one of those days where i just want to shave every last hair on my head off but i just gotta keep on keepin on....

nice job !!!!!
I hope i will last as long as you, just finished my first year

Your hair is beeeeeeeaaaauuutifullll!!!! <3 !!!

Thanks for the encouraging comments!

Your hair looks amazing! I was a long term term transitioner as well, its hard but the results are worth it!

My eyes thank you...and I thank you, too! :yep:

Gorgeous hair kittikat!

Congrats on a successfull transition, OP. Thanks for sharing. I'm on the final month of my transition. I get the last 2-3 inches of relaxed ends trimmed on June 2nd. I can't wait!

Beautiful progress!

I too am transitioning and do not plan to BC. It's been 16 months since my last relaxer.

Really nice, you are a great inspiration for long term transitioners in here.

Thanks for the pics! You are my Shero! :drunk: I am a long term transitioner as well (just hit 1 year this week). There are days where I either want to relax or cut, but I'm still holding on strong!

As a fellow long-term transitioner, I want to thank you for posting your beautiful hair pics and encouraging me to stay away from the scissors and just keep on growing out my natural hair. KUTGW!

It's been 2 years for me; not getting the growth or thickness d/t maybe too much cowashing?
I keep it wigged up and hidden but not sure why it's going so slow.

I was about 2-3 inches from APL but trimmed so now I'm at about an inch past collarbone.

Not ever giving up though!

Wow - I'll be transitioning once my relaxed hair gets mid back. Such an encouraging thread.

Beautiful hair! I WANTED to go 3 yrs, but made it to 18 months and couldn't wait to chop! You're a great inspiration for hanging in there that long!

Congrats on going strong for 2 years--you CAN do it!!:yep:
I know what you mean about co-washing, I had to decrease my co-washing because my NG and texlaxed hair were constantly trying to tangle:ohwell:. Bunning really helped my go through it though!:yep:

It's been 2 years for me; not getting the growth or thickness d/t maybe too much cowashing?
I keep it wigged up and hidden but not sure why it's going so slow.

I was about 2-3 inches from APL but trimmed so now I'm at about an inch past collarbone.

Not ever giving up though!

Great Job!!! I needed some encouragement. I would like to go as long if possible.

Thanks for the inspiration, I'm transitioning and don't plan to BC nuffin'. I'm gonna keep on truckin' :yep:

Back