I trimmed my hair for the first time!

AngelForLove

I just trimmed my hair. I am so scared. I don't know how it is going to come out. I have to wait until my hair dries. I wanted to trim while it was dry but the ends were so bad and my hair was so fluffy I felt I had no choice but to do a wet trim. I was so scared. I couldn't really see the damage as well when it was wet. I tried to follow the method I saw on a website but my hair wasn't as long as the model's so I had to modify the method. I am scared that when it dries my hair will not be nearly as long as it was. It bothers me that my hair was so damaged and I needed to cut so much off. Part of it stemmed from the fact that the trim was a month overdue. But it still shouldn't have been that bad considering I have been using almost no heat at all and wearing my hair in a bun 50-70% of the time. Although my hair has not been as dry (and my scalp not as itchy) as it was when the hairdresser did it, I feel like maybe I am doing my hair a disservice.
crazy.gif

Don't worry about it-it's trial and error. I have decided my self that I would start trimming my own ends. What I plan on doing is braiding my hair (about 15) and trimming the ends. If your hair doesn't come out right, you have another 2 months till your next trim
smile.gif

When you say that you think you did a disservice to your hair, are you referring to the trim or are you referring to whatever you think may have caused the damaged ends?

If referring to the trim, I don't think you can ever go wrong with trimming damaged ends. I just did mine last week. It was the best thing I did for my hair. I was trying to hang on to the length, but you know what, when you ends are brittle, not only will the brittle ends break off eventually, but also a bit of your healthy hair breaks off with it. Better to trim 1/4 inch then have 1/2 inch break off.

I am sure your hair is better off now.
Rose.gif

perfect peace --

I am not worried about the trim so much as the reason for the trim. Having my ends in such bad condition makes me feel like my hair is even worse than before I started taking care of it.

Back