I want my loose spiral curls to stay...PLEASE HELP!!!

LoVeMYLIfe

Last night I curled my hair on a very low setting with my big curling irons. I love the look that I achieved by using the irons, buuuttt... my problem is that this is not the look that I am getting in the morning unless I use my curling iron again. My hair is a little past shoulder length(not quite armpit..but almost..yeah!!!) and I can't seem to find a roller that will keep the loose spiral curls. I have tried the white covered spongy rollers and the longer gold satin covered rollers only to wake up with tightly curled hair.

Can anyone help me?! Should I use a different roller, and if so which one, or is there some technique to achieving this look with the satin covered rollers?

TIA!!

atlien11

Have you considered pin curling it? Its a comfortable sleep and you can preserve a loose curl look? I was skeptical trying it but they work :)

LoVeMYLIfe

Okaaaaayyy pin curls, something I have never done in my life!! LOL!
Does someone have a tutorial here to show the way this is done?
I will do a search.

Thanx a mill!!!!

princezz

if u set your hair with the red sized rollers then you should get nice spiral curls that will last a few days! hth

yeah i need to learn how to do pincurls too!:confused:

LoVeMYLIfe

Red size, o.k. are they the hard rollers or a mesh, do ya have a pic?

Not knocking the pin curl, but I could just picture myself struggling with a pin curl tonight!LOL!

Thanx!

princezz

The red rollers are hard rollers..
..the red ones will give u nice long lasting curls.

princezz

or u can even use smaller ones.. the curls i got that is in my avatar was from smaller rollers...but they have to drop a alil to be loose spirals..they were pretty tight spirals..ok hth

LoVeMYLIfe

Thank you thank you thank you!!

One more ? How do you wrap your hair at night so curls stay fresh in the a.m.?

kandegirl

I roller set my hair on large grey roller at the top (vertically) and medium sized ones in the middle and back. And they fall into loose curls. And at night I re-roll my hair in medium sized satin covered rollers (Walmart). It looks tightr when you first take them down but they fall w/i 30 minutes. Plus I put a ORS Olive oil in the jar on my ends before I roll at night. I think that helps too.

princezz

DeDewantslongerhair said:
Thank you thank you thank you!!

One more ? How do you wrap your hair at night so curls stay fresh in the a.m.?

i just tie a scarf around it very very loosley or put a satin cap, and in the morning they r still nice, just need a lil fluffying up. I like them better the next day always.

moda

Pin curls would be great to preserve the curls. When I wear a spiral set I do not tie my hair up because my hair flattens, I just sleep on a satin pillowcase. Flexirods would work well for preserving the curl also, I have slept in them and did not have a problem, but I can actually sleep in perm rods too :look: