I want to dye my hair. ADVICE pleaseeeeeee. (pic)

Chocolatelove2010

I've always had a weird colour, just different shades through my hair... but I'm a lover of Jet black hair, and I've been wanting to dye it for some time now.

I've got a packet of Black henna and I was going to use it, until I read that could be damaging. Right now, I'm at a good place with my hair.. thanks to you beautiful ladies :up: And I don't want any set backs. :yep:

I've attached a pic of my hair in its natural state, with no products.. and me letting it fly fly fly lol.

Ermmm You can see the diff shades. Once I dye it, I'll be sure to update you guys. But I'd love some advice... e.g if hair dye causes breakages etc, and what product is the best to go for. I trust you ladies...

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• pic001.jpg
    pic001.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
well, I'm not sure how henna works, but with dye, just make sure you use a very very very moisturizing conditioner or deep conditioner afterwards, if you don't properly condition your hair afterwards u will have some breakage. Since hair dye causes dryness, try to prevent some dryness, that's the only advice I can give, and of course moisturize afterwards, I was thinking about doing blue black, I'm relax, and I've learned if u are relax u must decide to stay relax and no hair dye or hair dye and no relaxer, some people can handle both, some people can't, and I'm one who can't handle both. So I would strongly recommend moisturizing products afterwards, that's all I can think, I hope this helps.

ETA: I can't recommend any good products afterwards because I stopped dying my hair, but anything that's moisturizing would be good.

Duchesse

You have a pretty natural hair color, but I love dark hair as well. I use Natural Instincts by Clairol in Midnight. It's demipermanent but colors very well, even my grays.

Bigen made my hair dry, regular rinses didn't work, never tried indigo.

Chocolatelove2010

I would do body art quality henna with indigo instead if you're looking for black hair

This is the henna I've got right now.

The guy said it was natural, but then I was told Natural henna can't be black. :perplexed

I was just about to ask you, what's special about the henna you reccommended, then I realised I was being lazy and can just google it lol. Just thought I'd copy and paste it.. to help others who may want to dye too.

''Body Art quality henna has more dye content than normal henna sold for hair use. Therefore you get more pow for your money! Our Indigo is 100% natural''

Thanks for the advice... I'm sold :grin:

Last edited:

e.lauren

I died my hair about a year ago. I used Clairol. My ends still have color. I'm pretty sure I used semi-permanent but my hair takes everything extremely easily..

The conditioner that comes in the box is AMAZING. I wish it was sold seperately because no other conditioner has made my hair feel that soft, or gave me that much slip. I would reccomend it. No, it isnt a natural dye but it worked for me and my hair was not damaged by it at all. I will say that down the line, my ends were dryer than the rest of my hair but that could have been from a number of reasons and the rest of the dyed hair was fine. Here is a picture of what I used.
'

Again, it comes with the best conditioner in the world .. And there is a lot of it.

dany06

If you are using a non metallic henna then go ahead. I believe that a henna/indigo dye job is pretty permanent. The black(or should I say blue) will fade but your hair will pretty much stay that way. If you want to go black it is best not to do it with a permanent dye. Permanent dye aren't really permanent. They fade much more than veggie dyes. So dont use permanent color unless you plan on going lighter.

It my be best just to try out black in a semi peraent color. If you like then go ahead and use the indigo. If not then it will eventually wash out.