I want to relax my hair...*rambling vent*

InNeedofHairapy

It's not even funny. And it's not like I even care about relaxed hair or NEED to have relaxed hair. My last relaxer was Dec '06. I haven't chopped my ends off yet, so I'm technically not a natural....but I feel like one...

I'm justifying it by saying that I'll just transition again after I relax, and will do an even BETTER job transitioning than how I'm doing now.

Maybe it's not even the relaxer, maybe I'm jsut tired of my hair. Maybe it's too long for me to deal with. But the whole point of me transitioning was to have LONG-HEALTHY-NATURAL hair.

Maybe I just need a trim and to be a FOR-REAL Natural....but I think I may need more than a trim since my hair is so dry & crunchy at the ends...but that dry crunchiness could be the relaxed ends that are hanging on. Do I want to transition again? It's been 2 years...I don't feel like I have much to show for it, especially since I always have it tied up in a bun. If it wasn't summer I would straighten it....that's what I want..is to have straight hair. I think I'm just sick of my bun. And of a wash n go...and not having the proper products...and not being able to show off how long it is.

You know what...I don't NEED a relaxer..technically. when I have my hair straightened properly and when it's in good condition, I look like I have a relaxer anyway...and I love my curls...and I hate the limp locks from a relaxer..and being a slave to it...and I could get a change in another way than a permanent one...maybe some colorshines, a cut to get rid of the relaxed ends & some deep conditioning treatments...yeah...something cute. and then I'll try to straighten in the winter/fall months...yeah...cut the hair now, deep condition all summer to get it right & tight. hmmm

Well, I just talked myself out of a relaxer in a matter of paragraphs...:lachen:

Valerie

You probably need a very rich moisturiser, or moisturising conditioner, also have you tried aloe vera gel, mixed with castor oil and extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil, that should give you the moisture you need without making it oily. Shea butter is supposed to be very good.

LadyEuphoria007

LOL I like this post...you ranted and then you came to a solution for your issue.

I think cutting off the relaxed ends is a great idea! Maybe try some twists and see how you like those. Rock a 'fro one day too.

A lot of ladies use the Sabino Moisture block to keep the hair from reverting in the summer. I've never tried it but I've been reading some good things on it.

Kudos for transitioning for so long!