To Relax or Not to Relax?

prettywhitty

Due to overprocessing(My former stylist said that I needed a perm every four weeks because it was too hard to do otherwise) and breakage-almost nonexistient hairline, I stopped relaxing last December with the intention of going natural. It's been nearly seven months sine I relaxed. I am fairly new to the board and I have been in awe over all of the beautiful hair-relaxed, natural and everything in between. I am at a crossroad. I am not sure if I should continue to not relax or if I should start relaxing again and just stretch the relaxer. I also have a question for the transitioning and naturals...did you want to go back to relaxers during the transition? Is this just a normal phase of the transition. Currently I am washing my hair with Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Shampoo and I condition with the GBP conditioner. I deep condition with Shea Butter chlosterol conditioner. I think I need more water-based products.I am thinking about switching to Eulensce shampoo and conditioner and using Qhmet for moisture. I'm not sure what to do:perplexed , and I would appreciate advice from you ladies on the board. (Sorry the post is so long)

hopeful

:) Bumping for Miz Jackson. Hope someone here can you give you some good advice:). Good luck.

MizaniMami

Miz Jackson said:
Due to overprocessing(My former stylist said that I needed a perm every four weeks because it was too hard to do otherwise) and breakage-almost nonexistient hairline, I stopped relaxing last December with the intention of going natural. It's been nearly seven months sine I relaxed. I am fairly new to the board and I have been in awe over all of the beautiful hair-relaxed, natural and everything in between. I am at a crossroad. I am not sure if I should continue to not relax or if I should start relaxing again and just stretch the relaxer. I also have a question for the transitioning and naturals...did you want to go back to relaxers during the transition? Is this just a normal phase of the transition. Currently I am washing my hair with Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Shampoo and I condition with the GBP conditioner. I deep condition with Shea Butter chlosterol conditioner. I think I need more water-based products.I am thinking about switching to Eulensce shampoo and conditioner and using Qhmet for moisture. I'm not sure what to do:perplexed , and I would appreciate advice from you ladies on the board. (Sorry the post is so long)

Do you mean UNDERPROCESSING????

beyondcute

Well for me not really. I used to get a lil envious of the relaxed ladies but then I realized I can get and maintian the same look with a blow out. I thnk of WHY I wanted to go natural and how much progess Ive made (its been a year relaxer free for me and to go all this long time and then go back would be torture) and Affirm leaves my mind.