I WAS HORRIFIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me give you a little background. There is this woman at my job and she has gorgeous raven MBL hair (she's white). She wears her hair down in the morning and puts it in a low ponytail by mid day. Well today she passes my desk around 4:00pm (her hair is in a high ponytail) and I see a half dollar size bald spot behind her ear. I contain my horror, walk over to her desk and tell her. " Do you know you have a bald spot", I said. We rush to the bathroom and look. It's was the weirdest thing. It was a half dollar size bald spot. It was clean, no hair. I didn't see any sign of ring worm. What could have caused that ??????????? People, please chime in on this one. :eek2:

ladytea

If it's shaped like a ringworm, hungry like a ringworm, walks like a ringworm, talks like a ringworm... put MTG on it. Sorry.

tbaby_8

Did she recently have a baby? Sometimes the hair will fall out like that after having a baby. I don't know why, but it does happen.

Avaya

Could she have a microscopic, parasitic bug killing her hair follicles? I tried looking up "tettus" (sp) but can't find that word anywhere. The descriptions that come close are "Chiggers" and "Demodex."

I remember when my cousin suddenly had bald spots appear out of nowhere on his scalp and turned out he had microscopic mites chowing down up there. It is contagious by the way :look:...

GeorginaSparks

Could she have a microscopic, parasitic bug killing her hair follicles? I tried looking up "tettus" (sp) but can't find that word anywhere. The descriptions that come close are "Chiggers" and "Demodex."

I remember when my cousin suddenly had bald spots appear out of nowhere on his scalp and turned out he had microscopic mites chowing down up there. It is contagious by the way :look:...

OMG I heard of chiggers before omg

Faith

My mom had that a few years ago..smooth as a baby's butt with no explanations. It was circular about the size of a quarter. It grew back and we've never seen anything like it again. :ohwell:

HoneyDew

So many things could cause this:, stress, allergies, dermatitis, you name it.

She should see a dermatologist or start self-treating it before it develops into something bigger.

princessdi

Does she have a history of scalp acne that develops into acne cysts? If so, this could be the culprit. It wasn’t until I hit my 30’s that this started happening to me, and when I have a breakout (in the scalp), the cysts can sometimes get big enough where the hair follicle can’t grow and the hair there falls out in that area. When this happens to me, it’s almost always as big as a quarter. After the acne cyst is gone, the hair comes back. It’s weird and very frustrating. She should probably check with her dermatologist.

that_1_grrrl

My mom had that a few years ago..smooth as a baby's butt with no explanations. It was circular about the size of a quarter. It grew back and we've never seen anything like it again. :ohwell:

I've had this happen to me a couple times. Still don't know why to this day.

malachi74

I'd gotten a couple of bald spots once or twice while in my teens. My mother said it's from stress. I haven't had any of them since then. The hair slowly grew back but I have no idea of the cause