I went to the salon yesterday

blue_flower

It's called the Uptown Hair Care Salon and that's where I went yesterday. The decor of the salon is very plain and shabby, like the shop was set up at the last minute. Nothing fancy about it all. There were two stylist there, Chris and Leah, and I think that they were the only stylists in the entire salon. Leah did my hair and I'm pleased with the way she did it because she did it the way I wanted it. She showed me how bad my ends were and suggested that I get a trim, but I was chicken and told her I'd wait till next month. Moments later she insisted that I get my ends trimmed and when she showed me how tangled and scraggly my ends were, I knew she was right. I thought she was going to cut off an inch, but she cut only a 1/2 inch. Leah said my ends weren't that bad and after the trim she was able to comb my hair without the comb snagging through my ends. Anyway, I got my hair pressed and curled. I really love this style. Even though I had to wait an hour to get my hair done, I'll give the Uptown Hair Care Salon a 3.5 out of 5. I'll definetly go back. I'll post pictures in a few days.

ms_kenesha

YAY!!
I know what you mean about the comb snagging on the ends when you need a trim, I'm glad you let her do it because when the comb starts snagging the ends start snapping off and sometimes it'll take off more than a 1/2 an inch that way.

CocoaCure

GReat! It's so refreshing to hear something positive about salons. I'm very anti-salon, but it's nice to hear something other than horror stories!! It's great that you've found somewhere you like!

Lindy

That stylist sounds like a keeper!! I especially like the fact that she only cut off half an inch. Too many stylists go crazy... they say they're only gonna trim, then it's like something comes over them and they can't control the scissors!!

I'm glad you found a stylist that you like, blueflower!

blue_flower

I posted the pics. I haven't worn my hair out since I got it cut 2 years ago. It felt kind of weird wearing it out today, but I got used to it and wasn't feeling self-conscious. I'm glad that only a 1/2 inch was trimmed off! I definetly have to start getting my ends trimmed more often. Every 4 months instead of every 8. It feels great having my hair blow in the wind!

inthepink

Your hair turned out great!! It's beautiful and thick. You think your hair grows slowly but it looks like it grew pretty fast to me. I'm with you on wishing it didn't take so long for hair to be long in its curly state though.

Chichi

I am glad that you had a good experience. I just checked your album and as always gorgeous hair

Chichi

blue_flower

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
Blueflower, why didn't you give them a 5 if you loved your hair? Just curious..

[/ QUOTE ]

My appointment was at 3pm but I didn't get seen until 4pm. When I came in Leah was doing this other woman's hair who was getting a weave. Then when it was 3:30 Leah finished with the other woman and told me she'd be back because she had to pick her son up from daycare. I was kind of ticked off, but I knew that if someone was doing my hair I'd want them to take their time and do it right, which Leah did. Also, Leah had to pick up her son who was her main priority, not me. But if I go there again, I already know how long it should take to get my hair down since Leah should be used to it. If I have to wait an hour again just to be seen, no more visits me. I try to be as patient as I can, but I can only take so much.

blue_flower

Thanks, DSD!
You don't know how glad I was when Leah told me my ends weren't that that bad after she only had to trim a 1/2 inch. I must be doing something right! The Day 3 pictures are the first time I've ever used my Snap Wrap and Go rollers and I've had them for 3 years. I'll be using them more often now.