I will not take spirulina powder again

Taina

So i bought this spirulina powder because i read all the reviews here in the board. Girls, i rather be bald than take this powder again, it tastes euuuuuuk, i felt sick and wanted vomit all day long. As i also bought pills, that's what i'm gonna be taking. But i have this powder here, and i thought i wanna do something with it, so i was looking on the net and found tons of recipes for skin and hair that we can use.

I know i'm not the only one here that hates spirulina powder flavor.

Protein suds-less Shampoo
Shampoo will cleanse and nourish the hair. without stripping the natural oil out of your hair. Can be used for all hair types.
Whole egg (depending on hair length) 1 or 2, milk 3 tbsps, Spirulina powder 1 1/2g (1/2 tsp.), lavender essential oil 3 drops.

Whisk the ingredients together until thoroughly blended. Wet hair and use as normal shampoo. Rinse off thoroughly, adding 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar or Kombucha to the final litre of rinsing water.

Body building shampoo
Shampoo enhances body and shine, and rejuvenates the hair follicles.

Shampoo ¼ cup, filtered water ¼ cup, fresh avocado 1/2.
Combine all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth. Wet hair and apply shampoo, gradually adding warm water and working into a lather.

Rinse thoroughly until the hair is clean. Then use hair conditioner, and add 3 drops of lavender essential oils, then rinse thoroughly.

Protein Hair Pack
This conditioning hair pack is suitable for dry or for chemically treated hair.

Whole egg 1, olive oil 25 ml, natural yoghurt 150 ml, pure honey 2g, Spirulina powder 2g, sandalwood essential oil 10 drops.
Whisk the ingredients together until thoroughly blended. Apply to dry hair and cover with a plastic shower cap, then wrap in a warm towel and leave on for 20 minutes.
Apply shampoo directly onto the treatment then rinse. Reapply shampoo and rinse off thoroughly, adding 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar or Kombucha to the final rinse water.

Hair loss pack
This hair pack is rich in vitamin E, protein, lecithin and essential fatty acids. It feeds the follicles with nutrients required for healthy hair growth.
Avocado oil 2 tbsp, wheat germ oil 1 tbsp, whole egg 1, Spirulina powder 11/2 g, rosemary essential oil 5 drops.

Mix all the ingredients together. Massage thoroughly and gently into the scalp, put on a shower cap, and wrap the head in a hot towel and leave on for 20 minutes. Apply shampoo directly onto the treatment then rinse with warm water. As the hair pack is highly emollient it may need to be shampooed twice. Use Spirulina shampoo for it is gentle and stimulates growth.
Spirulina Bath Treat Pampered and treat yourself to a nourishing luxurious aromatic bath. Evoke a vision of Cleopatra lolling seductively in her swan-shaped tub.

I just took the ones for the hair, but if you are interested in skin recipes, here you have the link
http://www.australianspirulina.com.au/spirulina/alternative ways.htm

flowinlocks

I heard some Ladies say it tasted kinda fishy and that immediately turned me away. I do however have the capsules from GNC and I love them. No odor to them,tons of energy, and they curb my appetite. I also read that Spirulina was easier to digest than Chlorella if you are not use to it. For me they are so mild I can even take 2 on an empty stomach upon waking, but I built up to this. If you are just starting off I would make sure to eat first and start with one.

Taina

Yes i took my pills yesterday i was fine. But i can stand the Spirulina Powder odor. I was happy to prepare ythat, i mix it with my shake and just the odor made me sick. After i taste it .. no way man! i wwanted to puke >_______<

sharifeh

I heard some Ladies say it tasted kinda fishy and that immediately turned me away. I do however have the capsules from GNC and I love them. No odor to them,tons of energy, and they curb my appetite. I also read that Spirulina was easier to digest than Chlorella if you are not use to it. For me they are so mild I can even take 2 on an empty stomach upon waking, but I built up to this. If you are just starting off I would make sure to eat first and start with one.

how many grams are you taking?

Honey01

Me either. It made me sick to my stomach. I have Bonne Sante (a local vitamin store brand)
500 mg Spirulina tablets.

I brought them during the time cholera was the "it thing" on the board.

If I attend any future Chicago meet-ups, I am going to see if anyone wants mine.

Taina

But tou can use it in a recipe, like the ones y put up there. I guess yhis is how i'm gonna get rid of it.

Ms Lala

I lilke to be healthy but that stuff is absolutely disgusting. The only time I get spirulina is through sprituein protein shakes. Those things taste great! YOu don't even taste the spirulina. I like the chocolate.

Wow, thanks for this! I am not very picky when it comes to weird tasting things, but the Spirulina powder totally overwhelms my senses and I can't get it down, no matter what I do to it or mix it with. I have a whole pound of it, and I'm glad it doesn't have to go to waste!

SilverSurfer

Yeah that Spirulina AND chlorella powder is something STRONG!! and I've tried it all kinds of ways...the worst being just chugging a tablespoon down my throat and chase it down immediately with water, but of course that didn't work, immediately I put it into my mouth, I ran to the sink so quickly gagging to spit all of it out! So finally the only way I can do this is to just mix it in water and hold my noise and chug it down in 4 to 6 swallows and be done with it. The after taste is not so bad but man, I just can't stand the smell of these products in powder form. I have like 4 bottles spirulina powder. I wanted to try the powder form because you get more grams for less vs taking like 20 capsules or pills to get the same about of grams.

Krymsonkween

I stopped this a year ago. It tasted like dirt and smelled like fish. I gagged everytime I tried to drink it. I want nice hair and to be healthy but Lord y must I drink dirt..........:nono:

Nice Lady

I take Spirulina Power approximately 1 tsp and add it in a homemade fruit green smoothie and it goes down fine. I will never try to single-handly take it like you. That was a brazen move.