Spirulina

I love your hair! Do you feel they have helped your hair?

Awww, thanks january! I've only been taking spirulina for 3 months and just added the chlorella last week. I started taking them for overall health...haven't noticed any effects on my hair yet.

I posted on this when the thread started, but I have said in several threads over the last two and a half years that spirulina is my favorite supplement. I take it daily, sometimes I also take chlorella, but I never NOT take the spirulina. I have been taking since 2000. I do know that when I started taking it in 2000, I was still relaxed and I did notice that I got some length that year (mostly my hair stayed shoulder length all the years I was relaxed) and I took lots of pictures. Now, I do so many great things for my hair, I cannot isolate what in particular is benefitting my hair. My guess is that everything I do is benefitting my hair.

Last edited:
ok,me and two of my sisters have noticed spirulina makes your menstrual cycle longer :nono:

mine stopped after 4 days then restarted :eek:

sister no1 went on for 7 days, sister no2 cycle lasted 6!!!

our periods usually last for 2-4 days...

luckily chlorella has made mines pain free, but i miss my short cycles!!
its the second month of this now :ohwell:

Last edited:
ok,me and two of my sisters have noticed spirulina makes your menstrual cycle longer :nono:

Hi! That is not good! Can you please tell me which brand you are taking?

I had this too, it will get back to a normal cycle. The body is just re-adjusting.

Hi! That is not good! Can you please tell me which brand you are taking?

indigo herbs hawaiian spirulina.

so the body is just readjusting it self.

i will see how it goes for a few months, i pray that it dont happen again.

i'm lucky aunt flo visited whilst i was at my sisters where i could have a shower and had clothes to change into:eek:

I had this too, it will get back to a normal cycle. The body is just re-adjusting.

thanks for the reassurance.

how long did it take for your body to readjust? i've been taking spirulina for 2 months now!!

eta: my sister takes a completely different brand so i dont think its the brand, i believe it is the re adjusting thing!!!

indigo herbs hawaiian spirulina.

so the body is just readjusting it self.

i will see how it goes for a few months, i pray that it dont happen again.

i'm lucky aunt flo visited whilst i was at my sisters where i could have a shower and had clothes to change into:eek:

Thank you. I am taking something different so I think you are correct. Mary has been off and on for 6 days now. I will wait patiently...

Which would you guys say is more potent or suffice: chlorella, or spirulina? I only plan on taking one. And that's the one that will give me the best results as far as my health is concerned. I cant keep up with all of it. LOL.

Which would you guys say is more potent or suffice: chlorella, or spirulina? I only plan on taking one. And that's the one that will give me the best results as far as my health is concerned. I cant keep up with all of it. LOL.
i say chlorella, just because it's easier to take. The stanky fish smell of spirulina is driving me nuts and i use tablets :look:

Off the top, Chlorella has more Chlorophyll, and Spirulina has more Protein. They go well together, all bases are covered. There is still a slight difference between the two. You really need to research it and make an informed decision. Spirulina is an awesome food, but it's not for everybody.

I have only been drinking chlorella powder form for the past 10 days, should I get Spirulina in powder or pill form?

Back