I wonder... How many women have grown their hair to great lengths and not posted pics

Re: I wonder... How many women have grown their hair to great lengths and not posted

I agree. I don't have the time and I don't want my pictures on the internet. My hair is 10.5 inches according to the LHCF t-shirt and that's all the proof I need. Also, I have two styles I do, twist-out and buns, not very interesting. I will let the style divas take pictures of their hairstyles and I will sit back and enjoy.

I agree. :yep:

I posted pics once. But haven't since.

Maybe one day....and then again....maybe not. :spinning:

Re: I wonder... How many women have grown their hair to great lengths and not posted

I don't care what others do or don't do, but...
when I reach waist length, everbody and they momma gon' know about it....'cause I'm gonna have pictures up the ying-yang all over the freakin' Internet! :yep:

Me too Pinkskates - ya'll will get tired of my pics because they will be plastered everywhere under threads that don't even apply, :grin:

Originally posted by coconow2007
Me too Pinkskates - ya'll will get tired of my pics because they will be plastered everywhere under threads that don't even apply, :grin:

:lachen::lachen:at the bold! I hear ya!

some folx in the hair growing community take the pic thing wayyy to seriously! post your pix if that is what you choose to do...i do like to look at pics, especially progress pics, but i mean really, are you (YOU as in a general term...i'm not talking to anyone specific :spinning:) the hair police checkin' for pictures and questioning folx integrity?

BUT know that when i make my goals, err'body gonna know! i am proud of my journey and want to share it with everyone!

I feel like this - do what you feel. I was a member here for quite some time before I started posting pictures. I felt like I didn't have any hair progress worth showing at the time.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Right, right. When I hit waist length as a natural, I will be putting up a billboard size pic in my siggy. Then I'm gonna be postin' up a storm in every forum just to ensure that everybody sees it!!! Shoooot ... I'll even post in the Book Club forum ... and I hardly ever go in there!

I am very grateful for the women who do post pics. On the same token, no one is obligated to do anything or explain their actions to anyone on this board.

I feel like many people who need "proof" when a woman claims bsl or wsl still buy into the myth that black women can't grow their hair long. There is 6 years worth of proof--information and pictures--on this board to debunk that myth, and new fotkis go up everyday. People shouldn't feel bad if they have made a personal choice to not post pics.

If people don't want to post their pics, that's fine. But I'd still like to hear what length they have achieved and what their hair type is. The more examples folks like me see, the less likely it seems that those women with MBL and WL hair are just really genetically lucky. I don't question people's description of their own hair.

I'm kind of on the fence about this. Honestly, when someone claims a length and has no pics to back it up I don't believe them. :nono: That's the honest truth. IMO if I was waist length and beyond I would have TOO many pics of my hair! :lol: Y'all would get SICK of seeing my hair! :lachen: So, for a black woman to say that they don't want to post any pics of waist length, etc. hair makes it hard for me to believe tha they really have that length.

Now, the other side of me says that if I didn't have a digital camera I don't know if I would have a fotki. I STILL think I would occasionally take a pic or two of my hair with SOMEONE'S camera, though. Just about everyone I know has a digital camera, including teens. So, now that I think about it I think the "no digital camera" factor is an excuse. But that's just my opinion.

I mean, I guess it isn't that serious to me to prove my length of hair to anyone...even when I do get to waist length God willing. It's not like I actually know you guys so I mean, I don't know. I guess it isn't that important.

And I don't have a digital camera...I can see how teenagers do have a lot of gadgets...they don't have any bills.

I don't think anyone should be pressured. If someone says they're Wl and they're not, they're only lying to themselves. I like to see the pictures, but everyone has a right to do what they want.

Basically, this is how I feel. For me to sit up here and claim a length to people I've never met, except one person...I mean, that would make me really delusional. I've never wanted hair so bad I would make up lies about having it....it's just not that serious to me.
I really think that someone who would go so far as to call you a liar b/c you dont have "proof"....needs to get a life.

Yeah, I think so to. If you rather see pics from someone posting advice, then I could understand but if someone is just commenting on another thread or about their "hair" experience-why the need for a private investigation?

Back