If she wasn't my momma........

c*c*chic*

I woulda karate chopped her in her nose! :fishslap: lol jp

ok so after my first stretch for 4.5 months i got a relaxer yesterday. I asked my mother to put it in so that I know all of the hair will be permed and nothing will be under/over processed. now you guys know how old skool gets it in when it comes to doing a perm. she pulled out her trust thick rat tail comb and went to work. ladies, it felt like she was inside my thoughts and dreams :lachen:lol she was going to work seriously. which I appreciate. So, after she finished I washed out the relaxer and shampooed. I asked her to dust my ends for me because she knows what I have been through with salons. no problem right? wrong! you know how when you let someone cut your hair and you can't see so you listen? she starts cutting and im like "it sounds like you're cutting alot of hair back there :wallbash:" she tells me no, you'll see in a minute. she takes the hair up and shows it to me, the pieces are almost an inch long!!! she saw how big my eyes got and before I could open my mouth she started saying "oh it was damaged it looked like tree limbs!" and I know it didnt because I looked at it myself. i told her go ahead and finish, can't stop because then it'll be uneven. when she got through i wanted to cry:cry3: but i just thought to myself smile and say thankyou, it's hair and it'll grow back. I love my momma but next time ya'll willl hear about me on the upn9 news! lol and guess what? she wants me to cut hers next week!:yep: im going to cut her hair and show her what it means to dust someones ends, that way next time there won't be any issues.

HairBarbie

Reasons like these are why I don't go to the salon and make sure that the only person that cuts my hair knows what dusting/trimming means. Only let someone that feels guilty cutting hair cut/trim/dust your hair.

Caramela

Yeah, unless she's an LHCF'er then chances are she won't understand the request "DUST"... leave that to the paying subscribers! :giggle:

Son26

Lol. I remember years ago I asked my mom to remove my tracks and in one section she mistakenly cut off four inches of hair. I wanted to bop her on the head, lol. I didn't say anything because she was my mama. Next time trim it yourself :)

aliceo

I'm going for my relaxer saturday and I really need a dusting or a SMALL trim. I think I will wait till I get home and do it myself.... I've had experiences like OP also. I will resist the pressure this time. I hope :)

ladytee2

Yeah, unless she's an LHCF'er then chances are she won't understand the request "DUST"... leave that to the paying subscribers! :giggle:

:lachen: That hilarious. I am going to have to make the next meet up so I can get my ends dusted. Can you imagine the looks that we would get with folks breaking out there scissors and caps in a restaurant? :rofl:

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
My mom tried to make me sit over 45 minutes to process my last relaxer.
And it was burnin!

keysha1983

My mom is the same way! She always says "Let black folks read one hair magazine or something on the web, and than they are hair experts." She refused to listen to me.

That was when I had just removed my sew-in and I had major split ends and had a uneven ear length bob. Now 3 months later my hair is NL and full and healthy (thanks Aphogee) she listens to EVERYTHING I say.

Sometimes we have to re-educate our black women on how to care for their hair. Hopefully by August 1st I will be SL. :)