My Momma Done Done it Yall!!!

MommaMayhann

My mom FINALLY pincurled her hair! I know it doesn't seem like a really big deal but yall just don't understand my pain! The pincurling was a much needed victory because she hated rolling her hair every night and would just fall asleep on a cotton pillow case.:eek: She has been going to the same hairdresser for twenty years and the only thing the stylist has changed was the size of her curl wax jars! My mother's hair would be so greasy you could fry a chicken on it! Between the marcels and the curl wax my mom's curls were like 1986 Oprah tight... No bounce, no movement, no hot & sexyness. After years of coaxing, I finally got her to tell Joyce to stop using the curl wax. Well she finally did and she LOVES the results. She went home and pincurled it the day she had her hair done. She called me the next morning and I swear she was on the verge of tears. She was soooo excited. She was like "I'm going to get a pedicure". I am so happy for her! Next battle... Stretching relaxers...

Thanks everyone. It's amazing how such a small change can affect your whole attitude. You can hear the smile in her voice. :D

I am glad your mom is making a change. I still trying to get my mom to stop using those awful foam rollers every night.

MommaMayhann said:
My mom FINALLY pincurled her hair! I know it doesn't seem like a really big deal but yall just don't understand my pain! The pincurling was a much needed victory because she hated rolling her hair every night and would just fall asleep on a cotton pillow case.:eek: She has been going to the same hairdresser for twenty years and the only thing the stylist has changed was the size of her curl wax jars! My mother's hair would be so greasy you could fry a chicken on it! Between the marcels and the curl wax my mom's curls were like 1986 Oprah tight... No bounce, no movement, no hot & sexyness. After years of coaxing, I finally got her to tell Joyce to stop using the curl wax. Well she finally did and she LOVES the results. She went home and pincurled it the day she had her hair done. She called me the next morning and I swear she was on the verge of tears. She was soooo excited. She was like "I'm going to get a pedicure". I am so happy for her! Next battle... Stretching relaxers...

Congrats Girl! This just gives me so much hope for my mom and auntie...who've been going to the same tired stylist (faithfully) every week for 10+ years, to get gelled and spritzed up rollersets. :ohwell:

Wow that is a huge advance - I convinced my mom to henna for the 1st time and I am doing it for her later today. I hope she is as please with the results as your mom:)

Back