If you hair didn't get any longer after today, would you be content

gymfreak336

I had a really good hair day today. I cross wrapped last night and today my underprocessed parts have waved up a little so I have a nice wavy, beach hair look going on today. Considering all problems I have overcome dealing with my hair, I am pretty content. If my hair really never got any longer, I think I would be happy. My ends look okay, my hair despite the texture differences is soft and smooth, it looks full and has some bounce. I would love to be able to reach bra strap length but I am not going to stress myself out anymore. If I just stay consistent I know I can be APL in 08 if not more but when it gets there, it gets there. When you be content??

Helz NO!!!:mad:

I am happy with my hair currently (health, growth rate) but I long for the styling versatility and overall appeal of hair that is BSL or longer.

Co signing with trimbride. I know I've made lots of progress, but I am willing to do a lot more to get my hair where I want.

Although right now I want it thick and healthy first I dont think I would be content if it never grew longer. I think I should at least be able to make it to SL.

well, this is kind of a hard question.

I guess I would have to come to terms with it. I've been baby butt bald a couple of times before, so....

-A

Sorry to ungrateful.
But there's no way I'd be content with my hair at this length forever.
It's already been around this length for the last 13 years or so. I'm bored of it now.

No!! I have spent too much money and time not to get the waist length hair I want. Right now I am 1.5 ins from bra-clasp (stretched) and I will be successful in this endeavor. :) Also, I just started using BT and my hair is loving it! So I figure by Dec 07 I will have beautiful swanging hair or a beautiful african bush--depending on how I feel that day.

I want to at least be bra strap length. My hair is very healthy now. I think I would look really hot with longer hair.

NOOO!!! I'd be devastated! My hair is SL and I want BSL. It would be depressing to be stuck where I am.

I think I would be okay. The length that I have, I thought was a dream and that you had to have special genes etcs to grow longer hair....I finally made it to BSL. I would be okay if it didn't grow any further.

But the funny thing is, once you reach one hair goal no matter where it is, it just doesn't ever seem long enough! I want to keep growing. I would like to know what my terminal length is. Who knows, this may be all I get.;)

I choose to have an attitude of contentment no matter my state -- hair included. But my motivation is to reach my goal and I would be highly dissappointed if it just stopped now that I know how to achieve it.

Hi Gym,

Funny you should post this because I was having thoughts along this line earlier today.

Would I be content. Yes. My hair has come so far in terms of healthy and condition (even length) that I can't complain or be ungrateful. While I look forward to APL hair (which is my ultimate goal), if it stayed where it were, I'd still be very happy.

As long as it's healthy, length doesn't really matter to me (in fact, I prefer short styles, my HUBBY wants it long).

VWVixxen said:
Hi Gym,

Funny you should post this because I was having thoughts along this line earlier today.

Would I be content. Yes. My hair has come so far in terms of healthy and condition (even length) that I can't complain or be ungrateful. While I look forward to APL hair (which is my ultimate goal), if it stayed where it were, I'd still be very happy.

As long as it's healthy, length doesn't really matter to me (in fact, I prefer short styles, my HUBBY wants it long).

I like shorter styles too. My hair has never been this long in my life and I am sooo close to shoulder length. I have always liked shorter styles so my mom kept it short. I have had every kind of pixie cut you can imagine.

Yes, I'd be content.

I have soo much other stuff to worry about... I wouldn't stress myself out over hair. Plus, my hair is so much healthier than it used to be, and thats my main goal: to achieve healthy hair.

I would be a little bummed only because my hair would have been so much longer when I relaxed, that I would wonder whether it was worth it to go natural. People always see older pictures of me and our like how did you cut that off? And i'm like #1 it's hair, chill:confused: #2 It was damaged and gross #3 I can get the same result i.e. length and straightocity(new word lol) and have healthier hair that is more versatile. I mean much respect to all the relaxed ladies, I am always impressed:notworthy , it just was too much for me. So if it didn't grow anymore I'd feel like I'd have to eat my words. But it's gonna grow.

I would definitely be content :grin: !

Lately, I've really been loving and enjoying my hair. After several comments from friends/family about how much it's hidden, I decided to show off a little bit and I love what I have. I've never had hair this healthy, and while it's not BSL yet, I really do like it.

That being said :look: I still want MBL hair.

bLackButtaFly said:
I would be a little bummed only because my hair would have been so much longer when I relaxed, that I would wonder whether it was worth it to go natural. People always see older pictures of me and our like how did you cut that off? And i'm like #1 it's hair, chill:confused: #2 It was damaged and gross #3 I can get the same result i.e. length and straightocity(new word lol) and have healthier hair that is more versatile. I mean much respect to all the relaxed ladies, I am always impressed:notworthy , it just was too much for me. So if it didn't grow anymore I'd feel like I'd have to eat my words. But it's gonna grow.

LOL at straightocity...but I feel you 100%. I want to transition, but I don't want to wait for the length I finally have all over again.

I would be very content...I dont plan on growing it too much longer anyway. Its long enough to be very versatile but not a hassle. I love my length.

yes, actually. i like this length, both curly and at collarbone when straight. it's short enough to still do cute styles and to not get caught in or on things :lol: but long enough to pull back into a ponytail when i want and frames my face nicely.

i know it can grow longer, and i still want to see how long i can grow it out. but probably when that is all said and done, i will return to this length or perhaps APL.

Even though it's the longest my hair has ever been, I'm less than an inch from armpit (stretched). I'd be frustrated at coming that close and just stopping.

Yea I'd be content cause I'm ready to cut this ish off right now since summer is coming. I think I can do alot of styles with the length I have now. Hey it's just hair, it will grow back.

Hell no I would not be content! I'm still trying to pop my brastrap! :lol:

However, if my hair was thicker yet my current length I may be able to live with that. :look:

Back